• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Ticket Changes 18/05/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahj

Established Member
There will be some changes to Southern Ticketing after 18th May. Some,. such as the loss of Group Save 4 have been discussed. But here are some others:

Unizones, expanded, but same price:
New stations added:
Worthing: Arundel,Amberley, Billingshurst, Pullbrough.

Brighton: East Worthing, Lewes, Southease, Newhaven Town & Harbour, Bishopstone, Seaford, Cooksbridge, Plumpton, Glynde, Berwick, Polegate, Hampden Park, Eastbourne.

£5 First class upgrades.
Valid on some flows to London at weekends. Can only be bought on the train. What flows not yet advertised.

Network Card: Now valid on Gatwick Express.

That is all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
My goodness, a positive change regarding the Network Railcard! (Please excuse me whilst I faint.)

There'll probably be a transitional period of a few days when staff don't realise, but passengers do... :roll:

talldave

Established Member
There'll probably be a transitional period of a few days when staff don't realise, but passengers do... :roll:

days.....;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
To clarify my cynicism, staff at Gatwick are still telling customers that they cannot use off peak tickets to London until after 9.30. I challenged one of them last week on this and he told me it's what he's been told. He then told the Italian passenger he'd been misinforming to go with me and we caught the 9.23
One happy tourist who arrived in London 15 minutes earlier than he was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.