• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern ticket restrictions during strike days : no off-peak service

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB_B

Established Member
The weekday strike timetable heading North from Cowden/Ashurst/Hever consists of just two trains at ~8.30am and ~9.00am - there are no replacement buses.

I know that Southern say in their FAQ ..

"Is there any change to peak ticket restrictions?

No. Off peak tickets will continue to be restricted at peak times"

.. but, in the absence of any off-peak service whatsoever, if I'm travelling on the return half of an off-peak return (with Network card discount) would it be reasonable for my ticket to be accepted on those trains?

My current plan (assuming not) is to take a taxi or use the (naturally very limited) local bus serivce to Tunbridge Wells - would Southern pay for that?

From the FAQ..

"Will you pay for taxis or provide replacement buses if there are no trains?

We are working closely with bus operators to provide bus services on as many routes as possible. The availability of buses means we are not able to provide a service to all stations without a train service and the service at some locations will be limited."

( Helpfully not answering the question - as usual.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I would catch the later train and see what happens. If need be alight at Oxted and wait for "time." Can't see Southern paying for a taxi.

kieron

Established Member
I have no experience of this, but it may be worth asking Southern about it (possibly on Twitter so you have something in writing). The situation sounds like an unusual one, so it's not something you can be expected to answer based on what they put on a web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.