• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Trainee Train driver- Southern Depots (Coastal & Metro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1812_s

Just rang up as I haven't received a yes or no.

Gutted as they said received so many applications they haven't even looked at mine.

Said id have to wait 3-6 months!

I was an early applicant so queried how they go through them. They said it's at random not first come.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LuckyJackal

Just rang up as I haven't received a yes or no.

Gutted as they said received so many applications they haven't even looked at mine.

Said id have to wait 3-6 months!

I was an early applicant so queried how they go through them. They said it's at random not first come.
How did you contact them, can I have the contact details please

Midranger1093

I was also one of those whos applications they didn't get through to reading. Bit gutting to think it hasn't even been looked at. Still, better than a no I guess.

So how do things progress from here? Will my application definately be saved for the next recruitment drive?

Am I able to apply for other positions with the same company without it negatively affecting my driving application?

1812_s

How did you contact them, can I have the contact details please

It's not right person dealing with this role but they transferred me to right recruiter. Think she was called Maddie

I was also one of those whos applications they didn't get through to reading. Bit gutting to think it hasn't even been looked at. Still, better than a no I guess.

So how do things progress from here? Will my application definately be saved for the next recruitment drive?

Am I able to apply for other positions with the same company without it negatively affecting my driving application?

They say this but I'm doubtful. Best to watch the careers page for it to pop up again.

Theaceface

Just received an email saying my initial application has been successful and I'm now to online testing bit..

Anyone else?

Anyone know what it entails? (At work and kot bad time to look yet).

Midranger1093

Your post just made me check my emails and I too have the same email.

I've been sent the 'questionnaire' to complete. Bit scared to begin it without having an idea of what to expect!

SGD5891

Anyone know when southern usually recruit for trainee drivers? time of year etc....

SNDave

Anyone know when southern usually recruit for trainee drivers? time of year etc....

I think it's very unlikely that SN will recruit again anytime soon. Last advert was put up in January this year. However there are people who applied back in 2016/17, done all the tests/interviews and still not got a start date. The whole thing is extremely slow...

SGD5891

I think it's very unlikely that SN will recruit again anytime soon. Last advert was put up in January this year. However there are people who applied back in 2016/17, done all the tests/interviews and still not got a start date. The whole thing is extremely slow...
Ak ok mate, got a freind who would like to become driver, maybe he will have to go another route or play the waiting game until recruitment pops up again

Quin79

Do Southern/GTR on the assessment day get candidates to complete the DFFT? If so may purchase the practice paper from OPC

Tomo1062

Do Southern/GTR on the assessment day get candidates to complete the DFFT? If so may purchase the practice paper from OPC
Yes mate. That will form part of the assessment. It’s a bit like X factor. People will drop off as the day progresses. DFFT will definitely form part of that day.

Quin79

Yes mate. That will form part of the assessment. It’s a bit like X factor. People will drop off as the day progresses. DFFT will definitely form part of that day.
Thanks mate. I bought the OPC practice test for it other day

Quin79

Honestly you will be fine. When you up ?
17th July. I've done quite a bit of prep on things I can. Just not confident on ATAVT (traffic scenes) and 2 handed co-ordination test. Hoping the tones counting are not too quick as well arrrrrggghh haha

Tomo1062

17th July. I've done quite a bit of prep on things I can. Just not confident on ATAVT (traffic scenes) and 2 handed co-ordination test. Hoping the tones counting are not too quick as well arrrrrggghh haha
Do your best ! That’s all you can do

Quin79

Do your best ! That’s all you can do
Exactly. Even if get through still a number of other hurdles to get through to a job offer. I'm just chuffed to have gotten this far. I value and thank many people on here for their help, advice and support

Mattyblob

Does anyone have information on the route card and traction at London Bridge? Possibly a copy of the roster too?! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.