• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southport to Leeds direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Twitter post today:

Northern Rail ‏@northernrailorg 2h

ADDITIONAL CALLS: 15:57 #Southport to #Leeds due 18:38 will call additionally at Hag Fold and Moorside

All I can find on a journey planner is:

15:57 18:38 2 2:41hrs

which involves changing at Wigan and Stalybridge.

Strange?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Silv1983

Sounds like a blip. Definitely exists - one of the new long journeys since the timetable change. Not a regular service however - more of a streamlining process whereby 3 journeys are spliced together by careful timetabling and utilising the same unit.

I have driven the Southport - Huddersfield part and did put LEEDS on the destination blind: much to the chargrin of the passenger base who wouldn't look out of place on the Jeremy Kyle show.

trainophile

Established Member
I'm so stupid :oops: . Forgot today is Friday, and checked on tomorrow, which it defaulted to given the time of day. Have now checked next Friday and there it is!

Sorry, caught myself out there. Interesting to know there's a direct service though - could be useful sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.