• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southwest England non-linear journey puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunderhead

If anybody enjoys these puzzles, then here is mine for today.

I have a Network Railcard. My itinerary is as follows:

Sat 28/5 - Gillingham (Dorset) to Exeter St. David's - after validity begins for Super Off-Peak (12pm); Network Railcard is valid all day
Sat 28/5 - Exeter St. David's to Exmouth - there will be a break between the above journey and this one
Sat 28/5 - Exmouth to Exeter St. David's
Tue 31/5 - Exeter St. David's to Salisbury - after validity begins for Network Railcard (10am), but before validity begins for Super Off-Peak (12pm)

What's the cheapest combination of tickets that fits?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I'm going to go with :

Salisbury - Pinhoe Off Peak Return £24.40 with Network Railcard - start short at Gillingham on the outward portion as no BOJ restriction (Valid on any train on 28/5)
Pinhoe - Exmouth Off Peak Day Return £5.50 no discount - use this to go Pinhoe - Exeter St David's - Exmouth and back to St David's
Exeter - Pinhoe Anytime Day Single £3.00 no discount - use this on the Tuesday to connect back into Return portion of Salisbury - Pinhoe Off Peak Return.

Total cost :

£32.90

Dunderhead

That's great! Thank you! I found that there were advance fares available for GIL-EXD and EXD-SAL that totalled £26.60 (not sure if they're still available), which together with the £5.50 Exmouth day return made £32.10, but to have flexible travel for only 80p more is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.