• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Spinnaker Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloogrape

Today i went to portsmouth and decided to go up into Spinnaker Tower.

What a damn good view it is, i think this project will help portsmouth regain the coast status again and for £4.50 i dont think its money wasted, the view from it is amazing.
100Meters high equal to 38 double decker busses. with a 28mile view round!
and the view onto portsmouth station was realy good too lol its literaly below the damn tower. i didnt take any pictures as i forget to take my camra on the day out but jesus its good view!

Saw three SWT class Desiro. one driving into the station and another train i have no idea what is it but i seen it around loads and its in bright to london MSTS, its greeny colour and looks modern, it was coming into the station!

The glass floor view.. well i didnt walk across it i didnt like it one bit lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
You'll need to copy and paste that link BTW... right click, choose "Copy link location" and shove it in the address bar.

T

Tom

375s are generally 3 car, 377s are generally 4 car. IIRC Southern do have some 375s

ChrisM

Never knew that Mr Cairns i thought all the 375s belonged to SE.
Southern have a mix of 3 & 4 car 377s.

The Gricer

Cockfosters said:
You'll need to copy and paste that link BTW... right click, choose "Copy link location" and shove it in the address bar.
Link works fine as it is. At least it does in IE.
However I was wondering why it (and the link I posted earlier in this thread) apears with "..." in place of part of the URI. Still seems to work like that though. Putting the mouse on the link shows the correct address in the status bar.

Frank

T

Tom

Its automated by the forum software, it does it in order to prevent the page breaking for those who are on 800x600.

The Gricer

tubechallenger said:
375s are generally 3 car, 377s are generally 4 car. IIRC Southern do have some 375s
ChrisM said:
Never knew that Mr Cairns i thought all the 375s belonged to SE.
Southern have a mix of 3 & 4 car 377s.
Southern did have some 3 car 375s (375311 - 375338 ) but they became 377s (377301 - 377328 ) when their couplings were changed from tightlock to Dellner two or three years ago. So that one at Portsmouth Harbour could only have been a 377 (albeit an ex-375).

Here's one:- http://www.the-siding.co.uk/class375/pages/375330.htm

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.