• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Split advance tickets with BOJ in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halsebee

I want to travel from Sheffield to Taunton via London. There are a number of cheap tickets (advance splits), but all involve travelling straigt through London as quickly as possible.
Is it possible to book such tickets with a few hours break in London? I've tried setting longer connection times in split ticket website journey planners but it doesn't seem to help.
So question is journey Sheffield to Taunton via London with a few hours break in London using cheap advances ( there seem to be very cheap Derby-Taunton via London tickets.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Using the RailUK Tickets (a version of TrainSplit) I specified 120 minutes extra change time under the "More Options" button and it's happily selling me tickets with a few hours in London. For instance on 8 March leaving Sheffield at 1100, arriving into St Pancras at 1308 and then departing Paddington at 1804 arriving into Taunton 1947 with a cost £38.50.

Halsebee

Using the RailUK Tickets (a version of TrainSplit) I specified 120 minutes extra change time under the "More Options" button and it's happily selling me tickets with a few hours in London. For instance on 8 March leaving Sheffield at 1100, arriving into St Pancras at 1308 and then departing Paddington at 1804 arriving into Taunton 1947 with a cost £38.50.
Thanks, that works well

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Although bear in mind that you are unlikely to have a strict entitlement to take a later train from Paddington if you arrive at St Pancras, say, an hour or two late.

It's possible to specify an even longer wait by entering extra change time under both the "Route Options" and the "Changes" bit of the advanced options, see below:
1676027205538.png

Status
Not open for further replies.