• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Spotlog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strat-tastic

Established Member
A place for all things Spotty and Loggy :D

I have a question: what's the difference between the three different types of sync (sync, resync 48 hrs, resync all)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

03_179

Established Member
Sync - Syncs the data in your file (the one on the server are compared to the ones on your device and new stuff on the device populates on the server)

Sync48 hours - Just the past 48 hours of data is synced with the server.

Resysnc All - Does everything. You only really need that is you have a fresh install and no spots on your device.

The_Train

Established Member
It's only a minor thing and probably of little importance but it's something that has bugged me since I got the app.

On the Notepad page you have details at the bottom of your daily log and it tells you the number of records input, the number of new records input and items - what does the number of items relate to?

Strat-tastic

Established Member
I think it refers to each number input ie if you see 66001 twice in the day and input it, the second time of input it will increase the number of records by one, but not the number of items.

Maybe it's just my phone, but when you choose the big buttons option, the space where the input number is displayed is halved so in effect useless. Shame, as I'd like to use it. Hey ho :smile:

The_Train

Established Member
I think it refers to each number input ie if you see 66001 twice in the day and input it, the second time of input it will increase the number of records by one, but not the number of items.

Ah yeah, that would make sense. Thanks

I changed phones recently and can't use the import feature to import my old data - crashes on clicking Import (Spotlight has stopped working popup appears immediately). Not sure if it's due to a newer version of Android? Now on 8.0.0, was on 5.1.1 (import worked fine on this).

03_179

Established Member
Have you raised this on the Spotlog Forum at all ?

If not I can on your behalf.

Strat-tastic

Established Member
Any ideas to add for SPOTLOG ?

I want it to chime when I get a cop and go bong when I clear a class; something to help me celebrate :D (and so I don't have to keep an eye on the screen for 10 seconds to find out).

A list of common locations one uses to save typing them in each time you visit. Maybe on a drop down when you go to enter the text.

03_179

Established Member
I want it to chime when I get a cop and go bong when I clear a class; something to help me celebrate :D (and so I don't have to keep an eye on the screen for 10 seconds to find out).

A list of common locations one uses to save typing them in each time you visit. Maybe on a drop down when you go to enter the text.

Chimes/bongs .. VERY irritating, especially on a platform ... maybe a two tone horns lol

The GPS can be set up to be a named location that works when you are there.

Strat-tastic

Established Member
Yes, now you mention the GPS thing I remember I tried it, but it didn't work for me so I gave up on it. Probably not doing it right, I imagine :rolleyes:

For the sounds, add a mute / volume adjust.

03_179

Established Member
Yes, now you mention the GPS thing I remember I tried it, but it didn't work for me so I gave up on it. Probably not doing it right, I imagine :rolleyes:

For the sounds, add a mute / volume adjust.

I'll raise these with the developer :)

The_Train

Established Member
A way where you can see a breakdown by T/FOC of what you've chalked off in a way that trainlogger does

03_179

Established Member
I have asked for that one myself:
  • How many units/loco seen by TOC.
  • TOC breakdown of units/locos seen.

03_179

Established Member
I changed phones recently and can't use the import feature to import my old data - crashes on clicking Import (Spotlight has stopped working popup appears immediately). Not sure if it's due to a newer version of Android? Now on 8.0.0, was on 5.1.1 (import worked fine on this).

Re importing on new phone with Android v8

check in settings that the SpotLog has file permission - the permissions model changed on android 8 and the current release of SpotLog does not get permissions on A8. I have a fix for it, but its not ready for release yet.

Enabling file permission for SpotLog will probably solve this one.

Re importing on new phone with Android v8

check in settings that the SpotLog has file permission - the permissions model changed on android 8 and the current release of SpotLog does not get permissions on A8. I have a fix for it, but its not ready for release yet.

Enabling file permission for SpotLog will probably solve this one.

Thanks for your reply. I thought this might be the case and already enabled it - Spotlog can access storage, I can create backups successfully, just closes instantly on Data > Import.

Strat-tastic

Established Member
I tried the GPS function again. What's happening is that it gives it a long-winded name, presumably what it picks up from the phone locator. Fine, as it says you can rename the location. But when I try to add my own name for the place, it doesn't accept it, instead just giving me a blank field.

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

03_179

Established Member
Use the menu > GPS > tick the Auto Location.

Then

Menu > GPS > Name Current Location > delete the text in the Name section.

Type in a name i.e. Whitby Station.

Press the Update Button.

In the loc: box will still say the Lon and Lat.

That happening?

I went back in the to GPS and it had not saved the Auto GPS tick is that the same for you ?

03_179

Established Member
Try going in to the Setting and scroll to the Auto Locations section and ticking those boxes

Strat-tastic

Established Member
OK tried this. Loc box still names the town &county I am in.

Auto GPS is still ticked.

In Settings, boxes are already ticked.

Hmph! :s

The_Train

Established Member
Something I've just thought about that would be nice is a 'stats' screen. This could be similar to the detail you get for the day on the front screen (detailing amount of winners etc) but would offer weekly, monthly and yearly stats.

bearhugger

I have the app on my android tablet and on my iPhone and sync between the two. I don't always have my tablet with me but always my phone. The feature I find usefulon the android app is being able to create a Report to html. I open this on my browser on my laptop and import it into Excel. I have a nice excel file that has tabs for each year that I have been using spotlog, an All Records tab, and tabs for the different locations, train unit numbers and TOCs that I extracted from the data. It would be handy to create a report on the phone version too.

03_179

Established Member
The android phone version has the report function The iPhone version of Spotlog is still being developed.

Strat-tastic

Established Member
Thanks.

I am not sure I like the new version of this.

The deferred dating system seems very long-winded, having to click through from 1/1/1900 each time; not user friendly.

It doesn't pick up the class very easily
eg I just tried entering 66001 yet it didn't recognise class 66 locos without a prompt.

It also sometimes generates a non-reportable crash report when exiting, sometimes twice.

However I do like the duplicate removal tool and the chance to change the theme, when it comes online.

So far, I prefer the previous version.

Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.