• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Spotting / Photting at Stafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_w

Planning on heading up on Saturday from SMK for a bit of a bash and phot session.

Anyone have any experiences or problems in Birmingham New Street and Stafford?

Plan is to go from New St to Stafford for a good few hours, then probably an hour at New Street.

any feedback and discussion welcome.

Thanks,

JW

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bevan Price

Established Member
Stafford no problem if you behave sensibly, e.g. stand well away from platform edges, do not use tripods in locations where other people might trip over them...

Birmingham New St. - not particularly good location for photography - dark gloomy platforms. Have heard that some staff have had "jobsworth" attitude and object to photography. Not brilliant for spotting either - you sometimes need to be in several locations at the same time.

Johnny_w

Thanks. I thought that might be the case re:New Street.

I'll just head on up to Stafford then. I tend to park my bum down one end of the platforms.

Thanks Bevan, appreciate the feedback

JW

Status
Not open for further replies.