• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sprinter diagrams around Sheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
Does anyone know which diagrams are booked as Sprinter operated M-F or SO for Manchester-Sheffield stoppers and Sheffield to Lincoln operation?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yew

Established Member
I'm also interested in finding more accurate diagrams, however I understand that the services to/from Scunthorpe are often 153 or 153+142 operated, and then there are random 150's that you will see and a very rare 158 on Sheffield Lincoln

tbtc

Veteran Member
Does anyone know which diagrams are booked as Sprinter operated M-F or SO for Manchester-Sheffield stoppers and Sheffield to Lincoln operation?

I don't know about the Hope Valley diagrams as I don't see them that often, but one guaranteed* Sprinter diagram on the Lincoln line is the 09;44 ex Sheffield (11:06 in Lincoln) as this is the 153 that did the previous day's Barton shuttle (and runs the 08:19 from Scunthorpe to Sheffield - which runs through to Lincoln) - this diagram stays 153 run during the day (but a different 153 runs to Scunthorpe later in the day for the next day's Barton line).

The other diagrams on the Scunthorpe - Lincoln - Adwick service are normally Pacer operated, but you can get 150s from time to time.

(* - "guaranteed" as much as anything can be guaranteed with Northern's diagrams :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.