• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SRPS Coaching Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubeboy

I have just booked myself a seat on the SRPS railtour to Stranraer.

I have never travelled with them before, but I know they use a set of Maroon Mk1/2s. I am travelling 1st class, will that be in a Mk1? Is the seating arranged as 2+2 or 2+1 in first class? Any pictures?

Thank you in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I believe their first class is Mk1s and it's 2+1. It's also very comfortable way to spend a day I can also recommend the food they serve aboard if you pre-book it, whilst it's not the most gourmet it's still nice.

Tubeboy

Thanks Ainsworth74, yes I have ordered breakfast and dinner, due to the early start and late finish.

alastair

I travelled in the SRPS set a couple of times when it was being used by Steam Dreams and be aware that it also has at least one FK side-corridor Mark 1 first class coach which has 7 compartments each with 6 seats. From memory all the coaches were pretty well looked after and in good order.

I quite like the side-corridor coaches,others may prefer the open saloons. If you have a preference, let them know - I am sure they will be able to accommodate you when they do the seating plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.