• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SRPS Routes & Branches 1st & 2nd June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

45rpm

Which members are on either or both of these tours? I gather there have been a few changes to the planned route & motive power although not too much.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
I'm on both parts of the tour, hopefully a good day for my red pen (I need 37403 whereas I only need 2 out of the 6 Cally 73s) plus my baker. Shame the curve from Anniesland towards Yoker had to be removed but hopefully the other odds & sods I need will produce.

Also fingers crossed that the finalised timings don't change too much

theblackwatch

Established Member
I'm looking forward to this, although it may be a bit of an endurance test. I'm more than happy with the replacement of the 73 by 37403 (although I do need one of the CS 'shoes' still), it makes up a bit for the loss of the Jordanhill curve - one of three bits of track I was after on the tour, the others being the Bo'ness connection and Leith Docks.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I'm looking forward to this, although it may be a bit of an endurance test. I'm more than happy with the replacement of the 73 by 37403 (although I do need one of the CS 'shoes' still), it makes up a bit for the loss of the Jordanhill curve - one of three bits of track I was after on the tour, the others being the Bo'ness connection and Leith Docks.

Agreed about it being an endurance but looking at the provisional timings there is flex for breaks off the train.

I will probably be a zombie come Saturday as I'm heading up to Edinburgh tonight on the sleeper

Kite159

Veteran Member
It was certainly an interesting little tour :)

Sadly I bailed at Glasgow Central not to do the Neilston turnback siding, I was just too tired and wanted to get back towards Edinburgh, check into the hostel and collapse. Maybe the BLS will do a "314 farewell" tour when the 314s eventually start to get redrawn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.