• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Albans Abbey branch and Bedford to Bletchley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam0984

What would be the best way of doing this journey and the cheapest with Priv
St Pancras - St Albans - St Albans Abbey - Watford Jcn - Bletchley - Bedford - Sheffield?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

t0ffeeman

Both branches are dirt cheap mate.(around 1.60-1.75) Buy them separate and one for the mainline

Adam0984

If it's not much more I might as well get the return to Sheffield I may or may not use it
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ticket I want is Super Off Peak Return via Chesterfield from London to Sheffield. £74 for the public fare it has a CJ restriction
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/63022.aspx

I shall be breaking my journey at Bedford mid afternoon so does the St Pancras or the Bedford restriction apply if i want to get the 1837 train

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Oh joy, another badly worded restriction where the Bedford bit could be read as spurious because all relevant trains depart London within the restricted times. I'm really not sure how those are to be read - I suspect staff will read it based on the origin on the ticket.

London-Bedford is valid via Euston-Bletchley so might a split at Bedford be a good option?

Status
Not open for further replies.