• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Pancras Thameslink with a bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
I'm planning on collecting my new bike from Catford this Friday. I intend to catch Thameslink to St Pancras and then Euston-Milton Keynes. I am familiar with all the stations apart from St Pancras Thameslink platforms. How easy would it be to exit the station with a bike early afternoon?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheDavibob

I'm planning on collecting my new bike from Catford this Friday. I intend to catch Thameslink to St Pancras and then Euston-Milton Keynes. I am familiar with all the stations apart from St Pancras Thameslink platforms. How easy would it be to exit the station with a bike early afternoon?

There are a couple of short escalators or lots of lifts from the main concourse down to the platforms - doubt you'll have much trouble. Once you're on the main concourse it's a flat street level exit to Euston Road.

bengley

Established Member
I may be wrong but don't believe there have ever been restrictions on taking bicycles on the Thameslink route, except perhaps to Moorgate when it was still open and at peak times.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
I may be wrong but don't believe there have ever been restrictions on taking bicycles on the Thameslink route, except perhaps to Moorgate when it was still open and at peak times.

There are. Non folding bikes not permitted at peak times:

http://www.thameslinkrailway.com/contact-us/terms/cycles/

On the Thameslink route

on trains travelling towards London (northbound and southbound) from any station south of Luton Airport Parkway that are timed to arrive at or pass through any central London station between 07:00 and 10:00 Monday to Friday, except on public holidays

on trains travelling away from London and timed to depart from or pass through any central London station between 16:00 and 19:00 Monday to Friday, except on public holidays

There are no restrictions at any time between Bedford and Luton Airport Parkway.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Thanks for the advice, no problem at all (used the lifts), much better than the old Kings Cross Thameslink station. However, they probably should have made the lifts bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.