• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Phillips Marsh, Bristol Photography Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

class57basher

Hi

I am looking to see if I can get some photos at SPM does anyone know of any potential photography spots and also the postcode so can punch into a sat nav to find it.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1e10

This is the view from Albert Road.

enXjKRal.jpg

You can see trains from this spot on an evening, I've been past there many times on an evening and have seen plenty. I don't think much is kept there in the day though.

You may be able to walk down that small lane that goes into the depot but you may look suspicious and be asked to leave.

Postcode for Albert Road is BS2 0YA. The depot has it's own postcode which is BS2 0GW. (Nice touch RM has added to their postcode :D) Not sure where exactly around the depot your satnav would take you if you were to use the depot postcode though,

If you do go and get some snaps I would be very interested to see them :)

The junction off Albert Road in previous photo leads to the back entrance to Avonmeads Retail Park, there is a KFC just round the corner, where you can park. It is possible to take photos through the fence, I have done this on a few occasions.

BestWestern

Established Member
158747:1541791 said:
The junction off Albert Road in previous photo leads to the back entrance to Avonmeads Retail Park, there is a KFC just round the corner, where you can park. It is possible to take photos through the fence, I have done this on a few occasions.

Indeed, this is by far your best bet. During the day there will generally be a few odd vehicles kicking about in the roads directly by the fences; often there might be a couple of HST power cars or MK3s split from their rakes, or perhaps half a unit. Best time though is probably on a sunday when there may well be quite a bit more there, though more likely to be stables units etc so perhaps less photographically interesting than the weekday odds and ends!

If you want a real photo session though why not just get in touch and see if FGW will arrange a proper authorised visit? Always worth a try!

class57basher

Thanks all for replies. Sunday was our planned day as we are heading there for PF Taffy Tug tour round South Wales so we tought might be worth a try for a few photos whilst we were there. I got a few interesting ones at Laira last time I walked past poking my camera through the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.