• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stage 2 assessment - GWR Train Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedispatcher

Hello, I'm due a stage two assessment for train manager with GWR. I'm fairly familiar with the job description given I work with them on a daily basis, but I'm looking for some advice and information on the structure of the day and what I can expect.

Any help will be very much appreciated, ta.

TD

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastldn

Hello, I'm due a stage two assessment for train manager with GWR. I'm fairly familiar with the job description given I work with them on a daily basis, but I'm looking for some advice and information on the structure of the day and what I can expect.

TD

How did it go?

Thedispatcher

I was with five others in the group and none of us even got an interview. So, not brilliantly...

FGW_DID

Established Member

TD

I was with five others in the group and none of us even got an interview. So, not brilliantly...

Presuming your forum name is also your job role and as you say, you work with them on a daily basis, most surprised you didn't make it to interview at the very least!

eastldn

Sorry to hear. I was honestly expecting the opposite as I've seen nothing but good news on applications made to Gwr by most of the posts I've been reading. Was this at the individual or group activity stage ?

Thedispatcher

To be honest I was very surprised as well. I know the jobs went to two internal candidates and fair play to them, but I was a little peeved. It was after the group task. Within the group were another two GWR staff and a former Connec Guards manager, so a shock that they didn't get a look in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.