• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

stage 2 tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

2011dandd

Hi
I have stage two tests coming up next week. I have been using the how to become software to practice alongside the info and practice material from the TOC, but was wondering if anyone could suggest any other practice material, links to sites etc etc.

cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Liam00086

Hi
I have stage two tests coming up next week. I have been using the how to become software to practice alongside the info and practice material from the TOC, but was wondering if anyone could suggest any other practice material, links to sites etc etc.

cheers
Well done on passing stage one. I think the computer tests are more of you can either do it or you can’t, my advice would be continue using the stuff they sent, but concentrate more on possible questions and answers for the MMI. If you search the forums, all the hints and tips you need are about.

Stigy

Established Member
Well done on passing stage one. I think the computer tests are more of you can either do it or you can’t, my advice would be continue using the stuff they sent, but concentrate more on possible questions and answers for the MMI. If you search the forums, all the hints and tips you need are about.
Agreed. I’d spend 90% of my time on MMI prep and the other 10% on gaining an awareness and understanding of the computer tests. It’s true that you either have it or you don’t with these tests and practice is minimal.

Bigdriver

I would honestly say the first set of tests are harder than the computer tests !

2011dandd

Agreed. I’d spend 90% of my time on MMI prep and the other 10% on gaining an awareness and understanding of the computer tests. It’s true that you either have it or you don’t with these tests and practice is minimal.

Really I need to really focus on MMI questions and answers?
Are they taken from application or DMI interview
I have already passed a DMI.
Is the MMI something that all TOC do?
Cheers folks

Stigy

Established Member
Really I need to really focus on MMI questions and answers?
Are they taken from application or DMI interview
I have already passed a DMI.
Is the MMI something that all TOC do?
Cheers folks
The MMI (Multi-Modal Interview) is part of the psychometric assessments and yes, all TOCs do it (some still use competency based interviews or CBI I believe, but it’s the same thing).

There are 10 or 12 possible MMI questions, of which 6 will be used. If you search the forum you’ll find some excellent info on these. Typically you’ll undertake a Situational Judgment Test (if you haven’t already) which will form the basis of what ‘probing’ or digging the interviewer does. It’s all psychology really.

Status
Not open for further replies.