• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gez.SCNW

10028 worked Heysham to University trip this morning, expect more soon as we are loosing two Tridents to Barrow at the weekend

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dallamlad

Established Member
10028 worked Heysham to University trip this morning, expect more soon as we are loosing two Tridents to Barrow at the weekend

Barrow? What they going up there for? Will keep my eyes open for the newbies! I heard they'd be out and about for testing before their Holiday!

mbonwick

Established Member
18278-80 being prepared for handback perhaps, 2 Tridents in to cover? Bit early for that though I would have said....

KendalKing

Established Member

10019 spent most of today parked up on the Bus Station.

16661 had an oil & coolent leak, when it pulled into the Bus station at 11.15

stagecoachuk

18278-80 being prepared for handback perhaps, 2 Tridents in to cover? Bit early for that though I would have said....

1 of the Purple ones is long term VOR while another is also off at the moment, which might have something to do with it. Barrow are struggling for low floor buses.

Purple ones will be going back after the contract comes to an end and will hopefully never be seen again! Awful things!!!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Kendal 47055/7/8 are all now repainted.

The Carlisle wrecker is now in the latest corporate livery too.

Dallamlad

Established Member
1 of the Purple ones is long term VOR while another is also off at the moment, which might have something to do with it. Barrow are struggling for low floor buses.

Purple ones will be going back after the contract comes to an end and will hopefully never be seen again! Awful things!!!
Kendal 47055/7/8 are all now repainted.

The Carlisle wrecker is now in the latest corporate livery too.

I hope they are never seen again! I've heard some interesting tales about the X35s future and thinking about it Tridents moving from ME makes perfect sense...

cainebj

Established Member
It will be interesting to see if Stagecoach keep hold or not, I know they weren't the preferred bidder, but it doesn't mean the preferred bidder will definitely take the contract on.
Either way, those council owned Tridents are awful and need replaced. Just hope the won't re-appear in Cumbria.

Dallamlad

Established Member
It will be interesting to see if Stagecoach keep hold or not, I know they weren't the preferred bidder, but it doesn't mean the preferred bidder will definitely take the contract on.
Either way, those council owned Tridents are awful and need replaced. Just hope the won't re-appear in Cumbria.

We'll have to see!

Last edited:

jonesy3001

Established Member
18375 and 18380 are the ones that are going to barrow, thought it was earlier then expected for transfers with the olympics only next month.
10019 and 10028 should make there full debuts later today on the 2/2As.

Last edited:

Dallamlad

Established Member
18375 and 18380 are the ones that are going to barrow, thought it was earlier then expected for transfers with the olympics only next month.
10019 and 10028 should make there full debuts later today on the 2/2As.

Indeed, 10019 is currently working the 2a with an inspector on board as well as the driver. 10031 sat at the bus station.

Also one of Travellers Merc coaches sat at the bus station getting mechanical attention and was later towed away by an 05 plate ford focus which was quite something to watch, cheaper then a wrecker I suppose! Another Merc turned up 13.30 to replace the failed one on town services.

Last edited:

KendalKing

Established Member
[Also one of Travellers Merc coaches sat at the bus station getting mechanical attention and was later towed away by an 05 plate ford focus which was quite something to watch, cheaper then a wrecker I suppose! Another Merc turned up 13.30 to replace the failed one on town services.

Correction, It was working the Mon, Wed, & Fri only 435 Silverdale service.

The tow truck, finally towed it back to the depot. After the tow rope snapped twice, due to the car NOT being powerful enough.

Former Stagecoach Manger Wayne Hold thought he could tow it back to Carnforth with the car.:oops:

Gez.SCNW

Which particular bit of our empire did Mr Hold manage?, would be very intersting if it had happened next Friday. Small car towing bigger coach hhmmm, what a shame I've been locked in the office all day and missed it.
Had a ride home on 10028 not as comfortable in the navigators seat as the Scania.
Speaking of Scanias our extra ones will be here very shortly

jonesy3001

Established Member
Are Lancaster's E400's that are used on the 555 Keswick service staying up North during the Olympics or moving South?

Kendal do the 555 service,ME used to do the summer sunday service between Kendal and Lancaster but that all changed when Kendal got the Scania's.
Speaking of Scanias our extra ones will be here very shortly

I think its after the summer holidays they arrive,15818-22.

stagecoachuk

47058 now freshly repainted and ready to depart Carlisle along with 17023.

22611 is still awaiting re-paint.

Barrow 47020 is under repaint prep along with 47334.

20540 is under service prep ready for Olympics and will join 20544 in service.

Stored at Carlisle for anyone who is interested at the moment are 16642, 16647, 16676, 20546, 20896, 33076, 47474.

Dallamlad

Established Member
I woul think October, only on the basis that the Scania single decks due for East Scotland at St. Andrews are due then as well.

Indeed, I don't think any Scans are to be produced a all until October, MEs are some of the first ones.

However if Gez is suggesting they are due soon things may have changed! Unless October is soon lol.

Gez.SCNW

Kendal do the 555 service,ME used to do the summer sunday service between Kendal and Lancaster but that all changed when Kendal got the Scania's.

I think its after the summer holidays they arrive,15818-22.

three weeks time
10031 is the third E40D put into traffic on the 1400 2 to University

Status
Not open for further replies.