• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste898

Come on tell the truth for a change???? It's not as if you want to be back, you don't have a choice.

If only the papers knew everything and how much of a cowboy firm Reays really are and the way they have treated their staff.

Thats typical of stagecoach

I have heard of their smear tactics in other parts of the country and some very nasty goings on

They must really hate reays for the personal service they give like dropping passengers (oap's)off outside their door etc...stagecoach driver would be horrified if you even suggested that..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mattdw92

Workington, North West/Newcastle Upon Tyne, North
Thats typical of stagecoach

I have heard of their smear tactics in other parts of the country and some very nasty goings on

They must really hate reays for the personal service they give like dropping passengers (oap's)off outside their door etc...stagecoach driver would be horrified if you even suggested that..

Nah, they just hate Reays because they are like a bad smell, except no one can work out what the bad smell is as its full of lies and deceit . Firstly, dropping off NoW card holders off at their door isn't gonna make you money.... Its about making money not friends or nit picking at what Stagecoach has or hasn't got. Stagecoach has a strategy of delivering organic growth in revenue and passenger numbers, supplemented by tackling competition which it has done well before Reays landed on the scene.

And smear tactics?! PAA! They don't need to make everything all lovely and sparkly to win over people, or launch publicity stunts to win passengers. Cancelling routes and re-registering them whilst telling the public that you going is far from justifiable. Stagecoach are just following their business model where as Reays create a mountain out of a mole hill like a little game of my dads bigger than your dad getting frontline staff caught up in it all. Take a look at the Stagecoach Group's annual report, then you'll know what a real business is and how to run one.

Last edited:

ste898

Nah, they just hate Reays because they are like a bad smell, except no one can work out what the bad smell is as its full of lies and deceit . Firstly, dropping off NoW card holders off at their door isn't gonna make you money.... Its about making money not friends or nit picking at what Stagecoach has or hasn't got. Stagecoach has a strategy of delivering organic growth in revenue and passenger numbers, supplemented by tackling competition which it has done well before Reays landed on the scene.

And smear tactics?! PAA! They don't need to make everything all lovely and sparkly to win over people, or launch publicity stunts to win passengers. Cancelling routes and re-registering them whilst telling the public that you going is far from justifiable. Stagecoach are just following their business model where as Reays create a mountain out of a mole hill like a little game of my dads bigger than your dad getting frontline staff caught up in it all. Take a look at the Stagecoach Group's annual report, then you'll know what a real business is and how to run one.

Oh dear you really are brain washed in the stagecoach way

Fact is there is a lot of customers that would much rather use a reays bus than a stagecoach bus

And that sums stagecoach up money money money and no finesse

mbonwick

Established Member
But at the end of the day the bottom line is money. You can't stay in business if you're losing money hand over fist.

And if there are so many people that want to catch a Reay's bus, why didn't they? and why are Reay's in the position of having withdrawn from Carlisle due to losses?

jazz 1

Reays B10 looking good on the 64A today, even though it is not Easy Access Guaranteed.

infobus

When are Reays telling their "valued" customers of the withdrawal of the 300R & 302R service?

stagecoachuk

When are Reays telling their "valued" customers of the withdrawal of the 300R & 302R service?

The same time they tell their loyal customers about the 74 getting axed. Best part of 6 month and they still have not produced anything to say it was finished.

As usual Stagecoach picked up the slack and told customers instead.

Whistler40145

Established Member
Should Reays have stayed in the Coach business and not dabbled into the world of a bus operator?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

stagecoachuk

Nice to see the B10M on the easy access guaranteed 64a service today. Not to mention the old Mercedes 709 on the low floor contract service 95.

Mattdw92

Workington, North West/Newcastle Upon Tyne, North
Should Reays have stayed in the Coach business and not dabbled into the world of a bus operator?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Yes.

Nice to see the B10M on the easy access guaranteed 64a service today. Not to mention the old Mercedes 709 on the low floor contract service 95.

I was under the impression they had lots of nice buses? My bad. Throwing a Solo on non-easy access West Cumbria services was obviously priority today.

CumbrianJosh

Oh dear you really are brain washed in the stagecoach way

Fact is there is a lot of customers that would much rather use a reays bus than a stagecoach bus

And that sums stagecoach up money money money and no finesse

if what you say is true..

Why have most of Reays Carlisle city work been withdrawn and Stagecoach's hasn't?

Why has the 300R/302R only lasted 4 Months?

Why do you use B10Ms and ex Dublin Olympians on 'low floor guaranteed' City routes?

If Reays are genuinely what you make them out to be then you should have an answer for all of those questions!

KendalKing

Established Member
Why do you use B10Ms and ex Dublin Olympians on 'low floor guaranteed'

Sounds bit like the pot calling the kettle here.

As most of you on here already know about month ago, I had an accident which resorted in me having a broken foot, and not being able to drive, had to use the bus.

According to the stagecoach timetable one of the service which I used was guaranteed "Low Floor" yet 80% of the buses used were "step entrance" when I complained to Stagecoach about this, the official reponse was if I am not happy with the service they are providing then use alterntive form of transport.

Before you critise other operators, look at your own short comings.

As posted above

According to the stagecoach timetable one of the service which I used was guaranteed "Low Floor" yet 80% of the buses used were "step entrance" when I complained to Stagecoach about this, the official reponse was if I am not happy with the service they are providing then use alterntive form of transport.

Last edited:

ste898

if what you say is true..

Why have most of Reays Carlisle city work been withdrawn and Stagecoach's hasn't?

Why has the 300R/302R only lasted 4 Months?

Why do you use B10Ms and ex Dublin Olympians on 'low floor guaranteed' City routes?

If Reays are genuinely what you make them out to be then you should have an answer for all of those questions!

And how would I know that unless I worked for them

I stand by my earlier posts me and many other people in Carlisle are sick and fed up with the miserable stagecoach drivers and service with old sheds

At least with relays it was nice new buses and service with a smile plus a nice friendly touch for the old folk

We were spoiled for a while now back to stagecoach world with bang........

stagecoachuk

Sounds bit like the pot calling the kettle here.

As most of you on here already know about month ago, I had an accident which resorted in me having a broken foot, and not being able to drive, had to use the bus.

Before you critise other operators, look at your own short comings.

As posted above

Which service do Stagecoach guarantee as low floor? If they have gauranteed anything as being that it is indeed unpractical but I'd be surprised if they have.

Last edited:

CumbrianJosh

And how would I know that unless I worked for them

I stand by my earlier posts me and many other people in Carlisle are sick and fed up with the miserable stagecoach drivers and service with old sheds

At least with relays it was nice new buses and service with a smile plus a nice friendly touch for the old folk

We were spoiled for a while now back to stagecoach world with bang........

well.... It's not like Reays have been using 'old' buses on Carlisle city services lately is it? *cough B10Ms and Olympians cough*

ste898

Which service do Stagecoach guarantee as low floor? If they have gauranteed anything as being that it is indeed unpractical but I'd be surprised if they have.

Kendalking good post and a example of stagecoach pure ignorance to customers

But you won't get any sympathy on here because seems everyone is brainwashed to praise stagecoach

jazz 1

But you won't get any sympathy on here because seems everyone is brainwashed to praise stagecoach

Well it is a Stagecoach North West thread

stagecoachuk

I repeat which service do Stagecoach guarantee as being low floor? Also as this is a Stagecoach forum.... not a Reays forum.

Reays Dublin shed on the 64A today with all sorts of warning lights going off... oh dear.

robertclark125

Established Member
I'd like to get this thread back on topic, by asking this question. Given that the O licence rationalisation has seen all services and vehicles, and locations on the Ribble Motor Services Licence moved to the GTL licence, will the Ribble Licence be surrendered, or kept dormant?

TCK726

As it was me who had the sad task of cancelling all the Ribble registrations and resubmitting them with Glenvale, I asked the same question to my boss and was told that one Ribble licence (ie disc) would be retained .

I'd like to get this thread back on topic, by asking this question. Given that the O licence rationalisation has seen all services and vehicles, and locations on the Ribble Motor Services Licence moved to the GTL licence, will the Ribble Licence be surrendered, or kept dormant?

Class20

Just been informed by a friend that Stagecoach Wright Renown Volvo B10BLE 21108 is working the 59 Preston-Blackburn route. Sister vehicle 21107 was parked spare at Preston bus station this morning.

darrenw29

Passed Reays yard this aft, Open topper not looking very well, front panel removed as if it was towed in. Old Volvo decker and the lilac coloured ex ST NW B10M and a couple of 709s were also present.

Status
Not open for further replies.