• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
Not like 16647 really needs paint anyway, it got done before it was transferred to Preston from Lillyhall in September 2010.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Think so, mainly on the 42s to Lancaster. The 61s seem to be using 55 plate buses.

Preston don't run the 42, Morecambe do.

keithstewart

All Barrow Olympians accounted for as at Sat 21st:16325/6/32/4/5/9/40/441,maybe one will go when the route 7 Barrow-Millom finishes. Interestingly Kendals 16185 did Barrow 22 route schools on Friday 20th in the afternoon(it had deputised for 18279 on 1130 X35 Kendal-Barrow earlier-18279 failed) 18279 repaired by Kendal depot staff and worked 1705 735 Kendal College-Barrow, 16185 due to return on Mon 23rd 735 Barrow-Kendal College.
I've heard they will be losing more due to the service cuts. Don't know how many 54-plates are expected to go, but the 51-plate will be a definite one out the door.
At least three Solo's does seem plausible though.

Pigwah

Picture of 21005 at ME ready for the olympics
6960358160_d283b70e7a_b.jpg

Note the yellow mirrors

21004 also back but not got a pic yet

Ado 16

Shame to see 14208 looking so sad for itself....

14208 gutted inside now, wont be long before scrap i think

Aaaah! Used to the 1420? buses on the early morning commute from S.Lancaster to the Morecambe Road, seven odd years ago. They always seemed slightly damp at that time of the morning - even when the heating had stirred itself. Crying out for new upholstery even then!

Last edited:

CumbrianJosh

When the olympics are on, does anyone know which buses will be temporeraly leaving carlisle and which buses will be going back into service there? just wondering...

good to see the extra 104 services out of penrith seem to be getting more passengers now than say a month ago, by the end of the year I reckon the passenger numbers should be a bit more equal :) 17017 sounded a bit dodgey this afternoon though and was struggling with reversing in penrith bus station

On a non stagecoach matter, I wish Reays would take over the Penrith town service as the 2 buses NBM normally use are sounding worse every day and when you consider wigton's town service has been using a 57 reg Primo.. just an opinion

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60671109@N08/

Dallamlad

Established Member
When the olympics are on, does anyone know which buses will be temporeraly leaving carlisle and which buses will be going back into service there? just wondering...

good to see the extra 104 services out of penrith seem to be getting more passengers now than say a month ago, by the end of the year I reckon the passenger numbers should be a bit more equal :) 17017 sounded a bit dodgey this afternoon though and was struggling with reversing in penrith bus station

On a non stagecoach matter, I wish Reays would take over the Penrith town service as the 2 buses NBM normally use are sounding worse every day and when you consider wigton's town service has been using a 57 reg Primo.. just an opinion

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60671109@N08/

In terms of the Olympics it is unknown exactly what will be leaving. However it has been said that all new vehicles or recently new vehicles will be going down. I understand that both London and Manchester have said they don't want Scania vehicles.

Ado 16

News from Elsewhere

"Canterbury City Council recently thought it would be a good idea to cut two way traffic down to one way through one of it's historic gateways.

But as motorists get to grips with the new road lay-out lengthy queues have built up during rush-hour times.

And in one incident - caught on film - a bus takes overs six minutes to move due to traffic lights changing too quickly."

Not only do these lights change too quickly, but motorists coming through from the other side appear to be ignoring them. The video clip has now been 'set to music' which has this balletic disaster down to a T. Worth a look if you've five minutes spare.

http://youtu.be/m49N0J2z2x4

(It is loosely Stagecoach related).

jonesy3001

Established Member
Just uploaded pics of 21004,21005 and the inside of 14208 onto flickr, even though pigwah(must be someone that works at the same place) beat me to it on 21005.
Also 47019 has appeared on the backfence do know where that came from.

KendalKing

Established Member
[And in one incident - caught on film - a bus takes overs six minutes to move due to traffic lights changing too quickly.

Just like all the traffic lights in Lancaster.

I have known the traffic lights at the Town Hall change five times before the traffic can move-out of Brock Street.

Ado 16

Just like all the traffic lights in Lancaster.

I have known the traffic lights at the Town Hall change five times before the traffic can move-out of Brock Street.

Astonishing in this day and age that nothing seems to be connected. From the sets of lights to the Pelican Crossings - and even if there's someone somewhere "watching" the traffic with a finger on the light change button, I think they must be colour blind! :o;)

For anyone interested there's a feature on the YouTube film and Traffic Chaos there on BBC Radio Kent at 54:34 minutes in.

Last edited:

ALX400

A bit of an update - All Volvo Oly's from Preston are being moved elsewhere premanantly, and a rehash is being carried out at Chorley & Gillmoss, there will be some hectic fleet movements going on within the next 2/3 months in order to facilitate the Olympics, ALL vehicles WILL BE less than 2 years old in London covering the Olympics so if anyone's planning to go down to see what's there you will be in for a few suprises ;), there will be brand new vehicles from all over the place and some which are currently parked ready in London and as yet have not seen the light of day :lol: seemingly after the Olympics new vehicles will dispurse to their new homes, some of which to places which may suprise the enthusiasts amongst you..:lol:

mbonwick

Established Member
Preston have undergone a complete rewrite of the vehicle rosters, with improved interworking. This has reduced PVR and allowed the Olympians to be withdrawn.

I would guess that ALX400 means Chorley and Gillmoss are next in line for this treatment.

I'm also going to float the idea that some London Tridents may be heading to Chorley for school work, with the exact number depending on how the interworking review goes.

ALX400

I have noticed that a mixture of Double & Single Deckers over the last few weeks on Preston 61s, will this continue or will a specific type of vehicle be standard like on the 68s?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nptlec

At present Single deck vehicles will operate the 61's unless circumstances dictate otherwise, as i said once the Olympics are over major changes will affect what vehicles are at what Depot's in South Lancashire, get ur camera's ready at PR :lol::lol: and for now thats all folk's :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.