• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbonwick

Established Member
Is it not 2019 for that?

No - 1st January this year (2 days ago) for single deck vehicles to be DDA compliant.
1st January next year for double decks.
1st January 2020 for coaches (any vehicle on which standing is not permitted).

Thanks all for the clarification about 22721.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheHovisKid

No - 1st January this year (2 days ago) for single deck vehicles to be DDA compliant.
1st January next year for double decks.
1st January 2020 for coaches (any vehicle on which standing is not permitted).

Thanks all for the clarification about 22721.

Ah, I was assuming everything was the same date. Farewell X-Reg MANs then.

driver9000

Established Member
I'm assuming someone else has seen 22761... still with full Oxford interior notices etc...?

Haven't been on it but I did photograph it a few days ago and noticed it was still carrying the number for the Oxford travel information line on the back.

jonesy3001

Established Member
Still got Oxford stickers on the interior.
22762 and 22764 have arrived from oxford, 22874 and 22884 have also turned up and 34704 and 34705 have gone to kendal

Brilliantbert

Suprised not to see it on here yet, I forgot! Ferryhill's Fm31 (SF08OFY) has been inuse at Frenchwood Ave this last week. Saw it first last Tuesday on the 111 but seems to have been on the 3 since then (is today).

chiltern trev

A591 at Dunmail Rise and thus changes to the 555 in the new yesterday.

ITV Borders News - http://www.itv.com/news/border/update/2016-02-03/behind-the-scenes-on-the-a591/. A new bit of temporary road bypassing the problems is shown with a new Stagecoach Solo in the background. The new road stated as being suitable for a 29 seater bus - hence the Solo.

Stagecoach site update - https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promo...ice-555-shuttle-between-keswick-and-thirlmere.

ITV Borders advertised the shuttle as starting Monday 8th February, the Stagecoach site this morning said Tuesday 9th February and the Stagecoach site now states as soon as the temporary bridges are in place.

The new 555 shuttle will run from Grasmere <> Keswick an connects with the 555 Grasmere <> Kendal. Looks like 2 buses needed - both Solo(?) from which depots(?).

--------------------from Stagecoach----------------

New route to Keswick due to flood damage on the A591
COMING SOON!

Great news, Stagecoach have been working with Cumbria County Council to improve the connections between Grasmere and Keswick due to the recent flooding caused by Storm Desmond..

Significant damage was caused to the A591 and whilst we wait for the Highways Agency to rebuild the road again, we will run a shuttle service along the western shore of Thirlmere, connecting people once again to Keswick.
The new 555 shuttle timetable between Grasmere and Keswick will be available as soon as we know the temporary bridges are in place.

The 555 shuttle service between Kendal and Penrith via the A6/M6 that connects with the X4/X5 will no longer run once the new shuttle service is up and running.

Passengers using the shuttle service can also take advantage of our special fares. Buy a 1 day Explorer on the shuttle bus for only £5 or a 7 day North West megarider Gold for just £20. You can then use these tickets on any Stagecoach Cumbria and North Lancashire service for the duration of this ticket.

darrenw29

An X reg and a W reg Solo passed today on the M6 heading north. Was driving so forgot fleet numbers. Passed them again about from Lillyhall. I know they were ex First examples

the101

Six 53-plate B7RLEs are for sale in this week's trade press. They are located in Liverpool and are going for £15k each, which would suggest that it won't take long to shift them.

randyrippley

Established Member
any news on what effects Lancashire County Council's closure of all subsidised services will have? Presumably it will cause some major fleet cuts at Morecambe at least

ste898

Yeah, I heard that, along with the loss of the services to Knott End/Lancaster and I think it's services to Blackpool.

What a great way to encourage people to use public transport
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
On another note

Whats the problem with the MAN/ALX300 at carlisle with its front panel missing

Also all white enviro 200 spotted at carlisle today (sunday 21st)

randyrippley

Established Member
the reduction at Morecambe may already have begun - last week I noticed a couple of the WiFi equipped deckers for the 2/2A service operating Preston-Blackpool evening runs. Sorry, didn't get numbers. They normally rarely stray off route except for an occasional 5 to Carnforth, or the odd school run. Just about never seen on the 40/41 or 42 so rare sight in Preston or Blackpool

Last edited:

KendalKing

Established Member
the reduction at Morecambe may already have begun - last week I noticed a couple of the WiFi equipped deckers for the 2/2A service operating Preston-Blackpool evening runs. Sorry, didn't get numbers. They normally rarely stray off route except for an occasional 5 to Carnforth, or the odd school run. Just about never seen on the 40/41 or 42 so rare sight in Preston or Blackpool

There is (or was) a duty on the 2/2A/2X in which the bus work to Overton, then did one round trip on the 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.