• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesy3001

Established Member
20793 is back at morecambe to replace withdrawn 20994 which i dont think as been in service yet around the lancaster/morecambe area and prestons 19034 is parked on the back fence waiting to go to carlisle for repaint.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CumbrianJosh

Never broke down today. Out all day on 61's.

Since it's been pulled from 104's its worked fine.

It was sitting near Aldi at Harraby with its hazard lights on and the driver was looking at something round the back I think, maybe I'm wrong but I guessed there was a problem.

the long 685's would have been affected yesterday because a road in Haltwhistle flooded badly then the storms started

KendalKing

Established Member
14196 on X1's this afternoon !, normally the X1 passes under a low bridge.

The X1 is currently diverted, due to road works, so does not pass under the low bridge.

Dallamlad

Established Member
14196 on X1's this afternoon !, normally the X1 passes under a low bridge.

The X1 is currently diverted, due to road works, so does not pass under the low bridge.

What a rare working! Good to get that in before it's withdrawn shortly!

I remember seeing 14208 on an X1 a few years ago!

TRN481V

Evening all,

I know that this isn't strictly SNW-related, but today at around 1630-ish around J27 of the M6, I saw a Stagecoach liveried Scania horsebox! I've never seen this, or even knew that one existed. I presume that Mr Souter owns racehorses?

Cheers.

Dallamlad

Established Member
Evening all,

I know that this isn't strictly SNW-related, but today at around 1630-ish around J27 of the M6, I saw a Stagecoach liveried Scania horsebox! I've never seen this, or even knew that one existed. I presume that Mr Souter owns racehorses?

Cheers.

The Horsebox (a 57 plate I believe) is used for promotional purposes. It was used to launch Morecambe's Versa's back in 2008 along with an actual Stagecoach.

stagecoachuk

20959 on the 76 today and 61 before that.

Yesterday and today 52628 on the 554 for Lillyhall.

16776 and 16642 have returned for Carlisle for storage.

20945 is under paint prep.

Scottish Enviros conintue to pass through/

cainebj

Established Member
14267 sounding lovely on 599 yesterday.
14252 and 16645 backing up the Scania's on summer 555's. Unbranded 15728 was the only Scania not out, believe its due in for repaint to normal colours soon.

47056 has a bike rack fitted on the rear, for the X33 Ambleside - Ravenglass.

NBM

16343 replaced 24123 which was towed in for the afternoon.

34079 has managed 20 mins service since the weekend. What a shed!

Yesterday we had 18357 on the 554 in the afternoon and 34714 on the 60. 20219 did the middle 554 trip.

First Bus had a Wright Gemmini on the X95 today, mega rare!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It seems Reays have bought out NBM of Penrith for anyone who is interested. Gives them a large piece of land at Gilliwilly (Not train station) and some local contracts and commercial services but more importantly somewhere to base buses in the area.

2 Olympians being collected from Blackburn today along with Open Top after repair.

Dont know where the 'Reays have bought NBM' story has come from but its not true. Reays have got some local contracts and are opening a depot somewhere in Penrith, but NBM haven't been bought out.

mbonwick

Established Member
2 new Scania's for morec....er i mean barrow turned up yesterday in the yard and also this is on a bus going into service today around the Lancaster/Morecambe area but which one is it;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/7751769128/

Bit in the Westmorland gazette this week that there is a petition going round asking that Apollo Travel are allowed to retain the 106 contract rather than awarding to Reays.

Dallamlad

Established Member
2 new Scania's for morec....er i mean barrow turned up yesterday in the yard and also this is on a bus going into service today around the Lancaster/Morecambe area but which one is it;

Stagecoach logo by 8304(MNC 504W) TE (was jonesy3001), on Flickr
Tell you on monday when i'm back from the Manchester area.

The last I heard and happy to be corrected as ever is that ME are getting 3 of the 5 new scans they were expecting with only 2 going to Barrow. Another 2 Scans are coming from somewhere else 3 guesses where from! ;)

Also not really sure why ME are taking on more MANs when I believe they have enough spares and B10s for games cover unless they are trying to get as many LFs as they can so they don't need to use as many B10s...not sure.

mbonwick

Established Member
I would imagine that the MANs are either for a PVR increase - no idea where, or to replace 21007 instead of one of the Scania E400s.

Status
Not open for further replies.