• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallamlad

Established Member
For those interested the darling OFT have now decided to investigate Stagecoaches acquisition of Chester and Wirral. This will probably mean that repaints will cease immediately.

I don't know how far they have got with the Gem and Royale at Carlisle...

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stagecoachuk

For those interested the darling OFT have now decided to investigate Stagecoaches acquisition of Chester and Wirral. This will probably mean that repaints will cease immediately.

I don't know how far they have got with the Gem and Royale at Carlisle...

Will confirm tommorow but do not think they made a start on Gemmini and you will see with Royale!

robertclark125

Established Member
Have to say, the short response time, i.e. submissions be in by 1st March, seems to suggest that although they're looking at it, it's just routine, and that it should, and i stress SHOULD be ok.

Dallamlad

Established Member
Have to say, the short response time, i.e. submissions be in by 1st March, seems to suggest that although they're looking at it, it's just routine, and that it should, and i stress SHOULD be ok.

Agreed, probably one of these things where somebody has complained so OFT are obliged to shuffle around and look busy.

stagecoachuk

47753 and 47754 both now in store at Carlisle in the revised Optare livery.

16647 has left presumably for Lillyhall.

18326 has arrived for repaint while 18357 is under repaint prep.

Forgot to post that 22149 made its long awaiting return to service 3 days ago.

cainebj

Established Member
16647 has left presumably for Lillyhall.

Reliance Bus Works collected it on behalf of its new owners to give it a repanel and repaint.
16874 (think its stored at Chorley) has been sold to Classic Bus North West for their expanding operations, they're supposed to be collecting it next week.

Dave The Bus

I think everyone should get their relevant information from this

All four MANs arrived at Chorley together, to replace the likes of 20793/20895 etc, they were brought in to use on Southport school tenders and possibly the odd 109 run..

22253 has been treated to a lot of work and therefore hasnt been out for a while.

33472 has replaced 34679, and should see regular work on the 109/113 diagram along with 34680 for now.

Class20

33472 has replaced 34679, and should see regular work on the 109/113 diagram along with 34680 for now.

I still that was an odd and possibly stupid move. To send 34679 to Carlisle and then realise that they still needed two single deckers at Chorley, thus bringing in a Dart a lot older then then the one they had previous. I know Stagecoach are likely to do things based on what is known at the time. But I also think that Stagecoach can be short sighted when it comes to things like this.

stagecoachuk

I still that was an odd and possibly stupid move. To send 34679 to Carlisle and then realise that they still needed two single deckers at Chorley, thus bringing in a Dart a lot older then then the one they had previous. I know Stagecoach are likely to do things based on what is known at the time. But I also think that Stagecoach can be short sighted when it comes to things like this.

Or maybe Carlisle's need was greater than Chorleys? At the time we converted the 38 to low floor Dart operation and need a Dart from somewhere...

Dave The Bus

20793 is stored at morecambe, you must mean 20794.

Yes, i did mean 20793, as i said they were originally brought in to replace 20793 and others (some of which are in storage at Cowling) and 20794 is currently in use but not in public service

Or maybe Carlisle's need was greater than Chorleys? At the time we converted the 38 to low floor Dart operation and need a Dart from somewhere...

Also add to that that the only single decker route in Chorley at the time (109) had been converted to full minibus duty and they only required one for a school tender at the time..

Ado 16

For those who may find it interesting here is an article written in 1995 on Stagecoach and the OFT...some of the 'aggressive behaviour' might raise an eyebrow or two!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ord-of-shame-ful-record-of-shame-1527193.html

I remember reading that at the time. It's was noted later on that South West Trains then went on in those first few years to be the worst performing rail franchise. Worse than Connex and many experts said they had more of a right to lose the contract at the next round of renewals than Connex - who lost theirs on financial irregularities. Nevertheless, "friends in high places" meant they hung on to it, when they shouldn't have really.

stagecoachuk

Due to an operational problem this morning Carlisle was a mass of odd workings.

34686 on the 69
34700 on the 38
47721 on the 67

Just about all the branded Darts on the wrong branded route.

Both of the Penrith Enviros are being kept local and have been on the 79.

madannie77

Due to an operational problem this morning Carlisle was a mass of odd workings.

34686 on the 69
34700 on the 38
47721 on the 67

Just about all the branded Darts on the wrong branded route.

Both of the Penrith Enviros are being kept local and have been on the 79.

I did wonder what was going on! At one point I looked at my notes and thought I had lost the plot somewhere.

Enjoyed (?) a ride home on B5CWR. Got rather warm on the back seat downstairs.

stagecoachuk

I did wonder what was going on! At one point I looked at my notes and thought I had lost the plot somewhere.

Enjoyed (?) a ride home on B5CWR. Got rather warm on the back seat downstairs.

Yeah B5CWR replaced a Primo.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
47753 has departed Carlisle.

18142 has arrived for repaint.

17012 just about finished with 18357 in the process.

Ex First 16237 is also finished and due to leave anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.