• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach Repaint Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johnw

Just hope they use Best Impressions, the divisions in Stagecoach UK bus that do look so much smarter.

What needs to change is the ghastly interior scheme that is so garish and horrid. Would one of their divisional MDs spec up their company cars in such an interior?
No!

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Just hope they use Best Impressions, the divisions in Stagecoach UK bus that do look so much smarter.

What needs to change is the ghastly interior scheme that is so garish and horrid. Would one of their divisional MDs spec up their company cars in such an interior?
No!

Ha! If that happens they'll just take one of Transdev's liveries and change the colours to blue and orange...

I've always said the Stagecoach interior scheme can only be compared to the store room in Sports direct!

Megafuss

Ha! If that happens they'll just take one of Transdev's liveries and change the colours to blue and orange...

I've always said the Stagecoach interior scheme can only be compared to the store room in Sports direct!
It's known locally in my office as the Irn Bru spec

Rod Harrison

Perhaps they hope on winning it.
Apart from being a shocking livery, not a patch on current beachball, I doubt that it could be taken seriously. What bus company is going to show a new livery on a route they don’t operate? It’s like Liverpool modelling a Man Utd kit - impossible!

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Apart from being a shocking livery, not a patch on current beachball, I doubt that it could be taken seriously. What bus company is going to show a new livery on a route they don’t operate? It’s like Liverpool modelling a Man Utd kit - impossible!

And that's saying something given how nasty beachball has become, especially on new bus models!

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Perhaps it is time for a change, but I think Beachball has done fairly well for what - nearly 20 years now? The biggest improvement was getting rid of the light blue swoop at the front on some vehicles; in my opinion it improves the appearance immensely. It's wishful thinking, I know, but it would be nice if they'd used the corporate style along with local colour schemes, as First is attempting to do now.

LukeCymru

They look really horrible, cheap and nasty if you ask me. Doesn't seem to be clear from the images whether it would be different colours for different division or not. A metallic blue would suit Megabus but these really are poor.

Others won’t agree for sure but I’ve always liked the beach all livery. Far better than any Arriva livery, and better than the First standard ones (not talking about more specific recent coloured ones if you know what I mean). It’s somewhat became an iconic sight of the British bus scene imho, and seeing it replaced with something shown above with a big shame. There’s little creativity in those, a base all over livery with a hint of the Stagecoach beachball swooping around at the back of the bus. And who wants an all over red livery, when the entirety of London gives us that. I would agree with others that it is perhaps time for a change, but at least make it something a little imaginative!

LukeCymru

Others won’t agree for sure but I’ve always liked the beach all livery. Far better than any Arriva livery, and better than the First standard ones (not talking about more specific recent coloured ones if you know what I mean). It’s somewhat became an iconic sight of the British bus scene imho, and seeing it replaced with something shown above with a big shame. There’s little creativity in those, a base all over livery with a hint of the Stagecoach beachball swooping around at the back of the bus. And who wants an all over red livery, when the entirety of London gives us that. I would agree with others that it is perhaps time for a change, but at least make it something a little imaginative!

Agreed. I think beachball holds up quite well when applied right. It may have become a bit inconsistent in recent years but its recognisable. These new designs fail by a pretty mile. I'd have liked to see either a more classic livery design or a revamped beachball.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Agreed. I think beachball holds up quite well when applied right. It may have become a bit inconsistent in recent years but its recognisable. These new designs fail by a pretty mile. I'd have liked to see either a more classic livery design or a revamped beachball.
Inconsistencies in application go right back to stripes days. I don't think there was ever a group-wide policy about how to apply it to a certain vehicle type and even within the same operating company I've seen differences.

mbonwick

Established Member
Inconsistencies in application go right back to stripes days. I don't think there was ever a group-wide policy about how to apply it to a certain vehicle type and even within the same operating company I've seen differences.

There was, and there was also an instruction manual created when swoops were introduced. How closely either has ever been followed is debatable...

Lynford1976

I'm sure the use of the number "247" is purely artistic licence. Probably a play on the "24 hours, 7 days a week"? If you look closely, those place names aren't spelt correctly either.

Think I'd prefer to wait and see what happens in the flesh...

robk23oxf

I think more important the livery they choose is what they do to the interior. The bright blue and orange is ghastly, some of the better looking bus interiors have a very limited colour palette. Replace the leather seats with cloth or moquette (leather is NOT luxurious), combine these with wood effect laminate floors and light blue grab rails.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I have heard Megabus are ditching moquette seats for same leather spec like National Express . Moquette you have to remove the seat .Leather you just wash it .

That would be terrible news, especially if they go for a blue / orange plastic-like interior like the bus fleet.

Mwanesh

I think more important the livery they choose is what they do to the interior. The bright blue and orange is ghastly, some of the better looking bus interiors have a very limited colour palette. Replace the leather seats with cloth or moquette (leather is NOT luxurious), combine these with wood effect laminate floors and light blue grab rails.
Leather wins for me .Most people dont see the state of cloth or moquette on a Saturday or Sunday morning.Leather is easier to clean .There was an article on soiling on the London Underground you will be shocked at what cleaners go through to make our journeys better.

tbtc

Veteran Member
And who wants an all over red livery, when the entirety of London gives us that

I'd respectfully disagree.

People have positive associations of plain red buses, given how well used London buses are - heck, I know people in Yorkshire who wouldn't be seen dead on local buses round here but are happy to hop on and off buses with their Oyster cards when visiting the capital.

Instead of quirky colours (lime green/ turquoise/ pink/ jade/ purple etc), funky patterns and the like, maybe the tide will turn and an operator like Stagecoach will go for a straightforward colour scheme dominated by a plain colour (especially one suited to hiding dirt and easy to replace/repaint damaged panels).

I claim no inside knowledge, I'm not going to get too hung up on a supposed leak of an artist's impression, but I do think that there's an argument in favour of a simple colour scheme - the shape of modern buses (and the massive dark windows, plus the bigger off-side advert frames nowadays) mean that a "clever" livery on paper can quickly look a muddle on an actual bus (especially one with a few days of puddles splashed around the wheels and maybe a damaged panel or two).

Any interior scheme will be an evolution on what went before - the current scheme is around twenty years old, and vinyls etc have evolved a lot in that time (compare the well decorated bogs in a Virgin train nowadays to what went before), so it may be a bit more cultured than the current scheme. That said, rules mean you'll need some fairly vivid colours to distinguish grab rails and "bells" etc, so I don't think it'll be toned down *that* much).

Volvodart

Established Member
I'd respectfully disagree.

I claim no inside knowledge, I'm not going to get too hung up on a supposed leak of an artist's impression

According to the original poster, it was from Stagecoach, or someone acting on their behalf.

Mwanesh

People have positive associations of plain red buses, given how well used London buses are - heck, I know people in Yorkshire who wouldn't be seen dead on local buses round here but are happy to hop on and off buses with their
I will dis agree with you here . In Yorkshire you can drive most to most places . Try coming from Yorkshire and driving in London most people hate it its a challenge they will take the bus.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
This can’t be right...

Looks like the rebrand is actually happening....

Man 22447 has been repainted in a half and half livery. The nearside is the green scheme with the offside being the red scheme. Additionally Panther 54051 has gained the proposed coach livery.

Alexbus12

Looks like the rebrand is actually happening....

Man 22447 has been repainted in a half and half livery. The nearside is the green scheme with the offside being the red scheme. Additionally Panther 54051 has gained the proposed coach livery.

Amy photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.