• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach Yorkshire and Chesterfield

JD2168

Stagecoach Sheffield Hybrid E400 12167 which was severely damaged in an accident in 2022 has returned to service this week in Local livery.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tbtc

Veteran Member
Since we’ve got a separate local thread now, for local matters, is there anything on the horizon other than the twenty Alexander Dennis Enviro400MMCs due for Holbrook?

Ideally they could cascade some of the 61/62 plate double deckers onto other Holbrook routes like the 7 and 25 which can be fairly busy on their reduced frequencies (see also Ecclesfield routes like the 86, given cuts to First services around Abbeydale Road/ Grenoside etc), but I wouldn’t be surprised if the older buses left Sheffield

JD2168

I would hope for some deckers at Ecclesfield depot as 19032/19033/19035 can’t run into Sheffield Centre due to the clean air zone (CAZ) in effect which is why they can only run 72/72a/201 & busy routes into Sheffield Centre have more singles than before.

Last edited by a moderator:

317 forever

Established Member
I believe electric buses are due for routes from Barnsley to Doncaster and Rotherham.

I do not know what types have been ordered though.

JD2168

Ecclesfield depot Enviro 400 19035 has been swapped with Scania E400 15666 from Barnsley depot.

Enviro 400 19033 at Ecclesfield has been swapped with Scania E400 15664 from Barnsley.

This now means all the WA10 plate Scania’s at Stagecoach Yorkshire are now at Ecclesfield depot.

Last edited:

JD2168

4 Dennis Trident ALX400’s have moved from Stagecoach Cumbria these are: 18330, 18356, 18364 & 18381.

Some old guys! Hopefully I get a spin on them before they dissappear. I presume they are based at Ecclesfield?

18356 and 18381 are based at Chesterfield and have been pictured on Clay Cross runs quite frequently. 18364 has been used at Ecclesfield on the 72 service but wasn’t supposed to be staying there, as with the Sheffield Clean Air Zone there is very few routes they can work. As I understand it, they should be at Chesterfield for a few months until the new Enviro 400 MMCs arrive for Sheffield and cause some internal cascades, with Chesterfield needing them for the higher PVR soon with the X17 extension mentioned in the Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire Bus News thread.

cnjb8

Established Member
Quite good news for the X17. Extended to Matlock Bath and Wirksworth, plus every half an hour to Matlock now. Loadings must be good on it.

I believe the extension and frequency increase has been funded by Derbyshire County Council

ALEMASTER

JD2168

Something I have noticed about Stagecoach's Ecclesfield depot vehicles: on a near side window a heart shape has appeared with rainbow colours on the inside of it, with underneath it saying "Proud To Serve". I've not seen it on the other Yorkshire depot vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mwanesh

Something I have noticed about Stagecoach's Ecclesfield depot vehicles: on a near side window a heart shape has appeared with rainbow colours on the inside of it, with underneath it saying "Proud To Serve". I've not seen it on the other Yorkshire depot vehicles.
It's just a Stagecoach slogan. It has been running since 2020; it was initially a staff badge.

JD2168

E400MMC 11125 which was in a Queen’s Jubilee Livery has been repainted into Stagecoach Gold Livery. It retains its registration plate of PHE 692.

Llandudno

Established Member
E400MMC 11125 which was in a Queen’s Jubilee Livery has been repainted into Stagecoach Gold Livery. It retains its registration plate of PHE 692.
I wonder if it will make an appearance on the newly extended X17 to Wirksworth this week!

m79900

I can't imagine the Wirksworth extension will last too long. I saw it earlier and there wasn't a single person on it.

Established Member
It's in the "old" Gold livery
Which seems a bit off when 'gold' seems to be phased out into 'school bus' yellow.
I can't imagine the Wirksworth extension will last too long. I saw it earlier and there wasn't a single person on it.
Doesn't sound to good but it is the first day. Did pick up a timetable in the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway ticket office today so if they are else where hopefully that will spread the word.

darloscott

They’re getting funding for it so until that runs out they’ll be fine. It’s a Sunday and day one… give it chance.

derbybusdepot

I'm hoping that as locals find out about it, it'll become more popular
I'm sure it will, especially if other services fail to operate.

Interesting that an "OT1" service is registered from Saturday 22nd July until 3rd Sept - Chatsworth House to Chatsworth House via Bakewell.

Interesting that an "OT1" service is registered from Saturday 22nd July until 3rd Sept - Chatsworth House to Chatsworth House via Bakewell.
Perhaps a use for open top Trident 18467 which was reported to have moved to Chesterfield a few weeks back. Otherwise only used by the East Midlands division as a Santa Bus.