• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staines - London Terminal validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

GW43125

Established Member
Hi all,

I hold a Staines-London Terminals season, which terminals am I valid to?

There's the obvious ones of Waterloo, Victoria, Charing Cross (via Waterloo E), but would I also be valid to, say Blackfriars or London Bridge?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Hi all,

There's the obvious ones of Waterloo, Victoria, Charing Cross (via Waterloo E), but would I also be valid to, say Blackfriars or London Bridge?

Thanks.
It is on the National Rail website. Blackfriars, City Thameslink and Cannon Street via London Bridge (or via Tooting from the main line) is fine from SWR stations.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Hi all,

Thanks.
Yes. From Staines as well as the obvious you are good to Blackfriars, City Thameslink (but no further), Cannon St, and London Bridge. This coverage is based on the former validity to a station group called London (SR). City Thameslink validity effectively replaced the former Holborn Viaduct terminus.

jfollows

Established Member
See https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/Travelling-to-London.aspx#Terminals

'London Terminal' stations​

Tickets issued for travel to/from London usually show 'London Terminals' as the destination/origin rather than naming a specific station. This is because the ticket may be valid to more than one London Terminal station, provided it’s on a permitted line of route. Tickets can only be used on National Rail services. Tickets to/from London Terminals are not valid to travel on the Elizabeth line between London Paddington and London Liverpool Street.

For example, a ticket from Woking to London Terminals is valid to:
  • London Waterloo
  • London Victoria (via Clapham Junction)
  • London Bridge
  • London Blackfriars
  • City Thameslink
  • London Charing Cross
  • London Waterloo East
  • London Cannon Street (via London Bridge)
It would not be valid to, for example, London Euston or Paddington as this would not be on the line of route and would involve crossing London using another mode of transport, such as the London Underground or London Buses.
1684060963878.png

Status
Not open for further replies.