• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stalybridge to Hartepool Sat 3rd September

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickyvegas

Any useful ticket suggestions for this journey?

I have no rail cards and would be looking at an adult fare.

I'm going up for a football match so can flexible to a degree, would like to be there before 1pm and can leave anytime after about 6pm.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Hangers v Exeter - Poor, poor man. Come and watch Darlo - we are at home to Mansfield.

If you must INSIST on attending Victoria Park i would suggest you aim for the 1316 GC off York. That will get you to Hartlepooh at 14:22. It is a five minute walk to the ground

1753 GC of Poohls will get you into York at 1901 and will cost you £11.60 for a return

Not sure on your split for the Stalybridge- York section

gnolife

Established Member
can you give us a date please?
If its far enough in advance, then Advances to Thornaby, Middlesbrough or Newcastle will probably be the best call, then a Return to Hartlepool on top of that from whichever station.

trickyvegas

Hangers v Exeter - Poor, poor man. Come and watch Darlo - we are at home to Mansfield.

If you must INSIST on attending Victoria Park i would suggest you aim for the 1316 GC off York. That will get you to Hartlepooh at 14:22. It is a five minute walk to the ground

1753 GC of Poohls will get you into York at 1901 and will cost you £11.60 for a return

Not sure on your split for the Stalybridge- York section

Cheers Rich. I working my way through the 92 so Darlington will be getting a visit at some point. Good call on the GC - might for the 9.44 and there's a direct TPE due in 8 minutes before and advance returns for York come in £18 total so saved pounds and got 3 hours boozing time too. :D

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Cheers Rich. I working my way through the 92 so Darlington will be getting a visit at some point. Good call on the GC - might for the 9.44 and there's a direct TPE due in 8 minutes before and advance returns for York come in £18 total so saved pounds and got 3 hours boozing time too. :D

I was going to suggest going via York & Darlo but while it might be quicker i dont think you can save anything. The GC train should be an HST as well, comfortbale and free wifi. It is a shame you are not going past Hartlepool as their are some good views up the Durham Coast

Well your boozing time in Pools will be governed by the lack of quality watering establishments. There is a good one on the station but it might be closed on match days, otherwise............................

( I have been in two pubs in Hartlpool, the ne on the station and one near the station that the polioce put all the Darlo fans before a derby. It is the only time in my life i have been INSTRUCTED to drink by a policeman! :o)

BTW we arent in the league anymore so dont count for the 92 - we are taking a short holiday in the BSP :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.