• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stalybridge to Middlesbrough advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickyvegas

Good Afternoon

Please could you advise the best options for this journey - departing 8th June arriving anytime up to teatime and returning the following day 9th June, ideally in the morning. I hold no discounts or railcards and would be happy to travel on advances.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
How do you define "best" and by options are you asking for times, prices, or what?

Have you tried trainscanbecheaper.info?

trickyvegas

I meant in terms of price, don't mind a longer journey or wait at a station if necessary. Not tried that site but will have a look.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
OK, the cheapest combination in this case is an Off Peak Return (SVR) to Micklefield, and another SVR from Church Fenton to Middlesbrough, leaving a gap between Micklefield and Church Fenton for which there is no SVR so you need to purchase a single each way for that.

Note: the train must call at Church Fenton, typically there is only a train every 2 hours calling at Church Fenton (I am assuming you don't have a Season ticket to cover any part of your journey).

There is a cheaper ticket that you can use, which is permitted via Stalybridge and is valid for "starting short" but it's our forum policy not to advertise such tickets on the forum. If, however, you are prepared to use a ticket taking advantage of a routeing anomaly (it's already known about by ATOC, so it'll be closed when the Routeing Guide is revamped in 2014 anyway) I will PM it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.