• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Starting Salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltire

Good afternoon,
I've seen a grade 4 signallers position advertised and the salary listed is £30,982, can anyone tell me if this salary is from day 1 or is there a lower salary whilst training? If so how much lower?
The ad also states that there would be a subsidy on season tickets but would the successful candidate also get reduced travel rates for them and their family whilst off duty?
Many thanks in anticipation

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FGW_DID

Established Member
No travel perks for NR personnel and dependants at all. (apart from the subsidised season ticket for the employee as mentioned)

contrad!ction

Good afternoon,
I've seen a grade 4 signallers position advertised and the salary listed is £30,982, can anyone tell me if this salary is from day 1 or is there a lower salary whilst training? If so how much lower?
The ad also states that there would be a subsidy on season tickets but would the successful candidate also get reduced travel rates for them and their family whilst off duty?
Many thanks in anticipation

1 grade lower whilst in signalling school/training (so a grade 3 in this case - £29,353)
The day you pass out in your box it goes up to the full rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.