• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Starting salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

abacus614

Evening all, just wondering. Does anyone know the starting salary for trainee driver and how soon does it start to increase?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Stating which TOC will get you a much quicker/specific/detailed answer? :smile:
As Meat Loaf once said, “you took the words right out of my mouth” :lol:

@abacus614 the TOC or FOC concerned will help as all vary quite a bit, and some how incremental raises, whereas others don’t. Generally speaking, those who don’t increase at set periods of the training are higher because of this.

OneLowban

As Meat Loaf once said, “you took the words right out of my mouth” :lol:

@abacus614 the TOC or FOC concerned will help as all vary quite a bit, and some how incremental raises, whereas others don’t. Generally speaking, those who don’t increase at set periods of the training are higher because of this.

:lol:

Indeed, I mean, even within GA we have 3 different types of salaries/increment styles!

Sure sorry WMT

No worries, hopefully someone with precise information sees this.

Had a quick search online and saw “more than £25k” so I would imagine somewhere around £25-£27k?

Bear in mind GA advertises as £23,543 - £29,332 but for the West Anglia trainees it’s actually £30400 possibly even £31k now so hopefully someone in the know right now can inform.

Blueben

I’m not sure buddy, I think and I’m guessing. Once you have completed al training and assisted driving hours you would be on 41.5k, then I think you have to do a time period to get the top whack. Probably 1-2years at a total guess

I’m not sure buddy, I think and I’m guessing. Once you have completed al training and assisted driving hours you would be on 41.5k, then I think you have to do a time period to get the top whack. Probably 1-2years at a total guess
Ok thanks

Stigy

Established Member
Usually after a year of qualified driving (as long as it’s incident free) I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.