• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station absences

daveo

I have recently thoroughly enjoyed the Great Britain XVI rail tour, but have noticed two distinct absences on stations -
* Luggage trolleys at London termini.
* Seats along the length of platforms at many stations.

Having the very last seat on the train at the end of each day (though admittedly the first seat on most mornings) and suffering from very painful mobility I found a walk along the full length of an 11 coach train very slow and painful. The absence of somewhere to sit was distressing.

Also, I arrived at Euston with quite a large case and heavy day bag thinking "no problem, just grab a trolley". Imagine my shock to discover they are now extinct. There were also none to be seen at Victoria or Paddington. ( I saw some at Glasgow Central when they weren't needed).
Thank goodness for the Passenger Assist buggies and drivers!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
The reason luggage trolleys have close
to disappeared is that pretty much all luggage these days is wheeled, so they aren't needed.

If yours isn't, perhaps time to upgrade?

Benjwri

Established Member
The reason luggage trolleys have close
to disappeared is that pretty much all luggage these days is wheeled, so they aren't needed.

If yours isn't, perhaps time to upgrade?
Also have quite the tendency to go walkabout and disappear, especially at Paddington.

Non Multi

It's been a while since I've been at Paddington, but from what I remember the luggage trolleys are (or were) located at the Taxi rank (above platform 12) and on platform 1.