• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station cleaning on Liverpool's Merseyrail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

py_megapixel

Established Member
I don’t think so. Such a pedantic thing being annoyed by feet on seats
More to the point (and this is something I've reiterated several times on other threads) - if every minorly antisocial action was penalised heavily, nobody would be able to do anything anymore and it would create a culture of vigilantism.

Would you be happy if I came round to your house and put my shod feet on your sofa, perhaps after liberally stepping in dog dirt and mud first?
No, I would not be happy, but I would have to be extremely mean to consider sending you a bill for cleaning it...

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
More to the point (and this is something I've reiterated several times on other threads) - if every minorly antisocial action was penalised heavily, nobody would be able to do anything anymore and it would create a culture of vigilantism.

To be honest, it's best to design the "feet on seats" issue out by having mostly unidirectional seating, which is what Merseyrail are doing with the 777s. The bonus is that you can fit more seats in, too. It would have been too costly/awkward to do this retrospectively on the 507/508s because there are equipment boxes of various types under most of the seats.

On IC stock you do want tables, but tables make putting your feet up far more awkward so almost nobody does it, so they are another solution, but not one to use on local trains like Merseyrail.

Vespa

Established Member
I don’t think so. Such a pedantic thing being annoyed by feet on seats
I don't think anyone would want to sit on a dirty seat stained with mud, excrement and spit, it's anti social.

It cost money to clean and if it's really bad, it would put the train unit out of service.

Last edited:

MR-507508

jamesst

Liverpool 507

To be honest, it's best to design the "feet on seats" issue out by having mostly unidirectional seating, which is what Merseyrail are doing with the 777s. The bonus is that you can fit more seats in, too. It would have been too costly/awkward to do this retrospectively on the 507/508s because there are equipment boxes of various types under most of the seats.

On IC stock you do want tables, but tables make putting your feet up far more awkward so almost nobody does it, so they are another solution, but not one to use on local trains like Merseyrail.

Without wanting to go off topic, I’ve come across it on TransPennine Express Class 185s and Class 802s. They’ll do anything to put their feet up on seats! :lol:

I don't think anyone would want to sit on a dirty seat stained with mud, excrement and spit, it's anti social.

It cost money to clean and if it's really bad, it would put the train unit out of service.

Having cleaned trains previously for Northern, if severely stained, a deep clean is required which takes the train out of service for longer than necessary.

In all the years of using Merseyrail, I must say that theirs and Stadler’s cleaning staff have put the effort in to look after these units. I’ve never came across a bad unit.

It has been officially announced that 4 M2Go shops will close on 13th December, Maghull, both Moorfields stores and Liverpool Limestreet store will close.
Liverpool Central, Southport, Hamilton Square and Liverpool Southparkway stores will remain open it seems.
Merseyrail to shut four station shops as pandemic fallout continues - Liverpool Echo

When did the Hooton store close?

I was told that Merseyrail were keen to sell on/lease out all MtoGo shops to the likes of M&S even before Coronavirus started.

Status
Not open for further replies.