• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Code Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Dunfermline Queen Margaret.

HHB

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
New Mills Newtown.

LLO

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Llandrindod

GOX
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
*********************************************************************************************************

It appears that as a result of feedback received by me, the rule 4 on this quiz as shown on the very first posting has been mentioned more than once by past contestants as being too onerous and a more relaxed view should be taken. This view seems more held by the younger contestants. I have therefore sent a PM to the forum quizmaster team asking that a rewording of Rule 4 be made

To revert back to quiz matters, that last clue seems to have been one to thwart even the more knowledgeable of the contestants so I will reply by saying:-

GOX = Goxhill.

I will set the next clue, being a station in the Greater Manchester area...

MSO

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Clunderwen

BKO
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
*****************************************************************************************************

Note to all contestants, past and present

No longer will I be running this quiz on behalf of HST Power as I have done for the last three and a half years. I will also no longer be making "helpful" clues should a posting impasse appear.

PM received by me from contestants regarding rule 4 of the quiz from forum members have been passed onto the forum quizmasters in order that they can make a formal decision on matters.

If anyone feels that they wish to take over this quiz from me, feel free to do so.

Last edited:

TheJRB

Established Member
Beckenham Junction

BAL

With regards to the quiz, I shall try and do my best to ensure it keeps going by contributing as and when I can. Thanks to Paul for looking after it over these three years. It is, at least in my opinion, a fun quiz with the added benefit of getting the codes in your head which can prove itself very useful at times.

Darren R

Established Member
Balham

SAS

Thanks to Paul for looking after it over these three years. It is, at least in my opinion, a fun quiz with the added benefit of getting the codes in your head which can prove itself very useful at times.

Seconded, on all points! I thought I knew quite a lot of the three-letter CRS codes until I started participating on this quiz - at which point I very quickly discovered my knowledge was not as extensive as I first thought, and certainly not as encyclopedic as some other contributors!

Status
Not open for further replies.