• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Grade A

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunfers123

Hello all,

Got an interview coming up soon for a role as Station Grade A and I’m just wondering if anyone has been through the process and could tell me what it’s like? Nervous to say the least for it

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thedispatcher

Right, so you’ll be dispatching then? From my experience (albeit with a different company) you’ll have some competency based questions so it’s good to prepare examples about customer service, safety, emergencies and dealing with an awkward customer. Would also be beneficial to mention PTI, which is Platform Train Interface. If you get an understanding of what that means then you’ll have an advantage.

dunfers123

Yeah I think so, I’ve been having a look online about all the different grades etc to try and familiarise myself with different roles, il definitely look that up though thanks for that.

Thedispatcher

Your job as a dispatcher is the safety of passengers on the station, ensuring boarding and alighting is done safely and minimising risk during dispatch which is the area of greatest risk. Make sure you research the company and have some knowledge about routes and stations.

dunfers123

Perfect mate just wrote all of them down, yeah I’ve done some research over the past week so I feel I have an understanding of the company now. Hopefully it all goes well, cheers once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.