• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status of bus events

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlberry

Established Member
Given the expected situation over the next couple of months I thought it might be useful to have a thread to advise about changes to planned events.

Hopefully sites like the classic bus events diary (http://www.classicbuses.co.uk/events.html) will continue to be updated quickly as things change.

I'll start it off with the news that FOKAB have called off the Winchester event on May 3rd.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ACBest

The Lincolnshire Vintage Vehicle Society have cancelled their easter running day which would've been on the 12th April.

traction22

Thanks for posting this . Now to get train refunds sorted.

I'm really really hoping Kirkby Stephen goes ahead.

iantherev

The Bus Depot, Barry have cancelled the running day on 3rd May. A decision will be taken nearer the time on the June Rally.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Thanks for posting this . Now to get train refunds sorted.

I'm really really hoping Kirkby Stephen goes ahead.

Kirkby Stephen has been called off. No doubt most others will also be, in the light of the latest advice.

DunsBus

Established Member
Kirkby Stephen has been called off. No doubt most others will also be, in the light of the latest advice.

The GVVT Open Sundays on 5th April and 3rd May are the latest ones to join the casualty list. A GVVT members evening which was due to take place this week has also been cancelled.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
Not yet mentioned on the link is that Xelabus have postponed their 10th Anniversary Depot Open Day next month. I say postponed rather than cancelled, as they’re hoping they’ll be able to rearrange it for later in the year.

DunsBus

Established Member
Two more from Scotland. The Edinburgh Transport Group has cancelled its April meeting, and all subsequent ones, whilst the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum will be closed to the public - in both cases, until further notice.

Man of Kent

The South East Bus Festival on 4th April at the Kent Showground has now been cancelled.

themaster985

The Stagecoach Cumbria Open Day at Carlisle on 23 May is also off. No replacement being planned for later in the year, so the event should be at Carlisle in 2021.

DunsBus

Established Member
Not an event, but Moorsbus has been cancelled for this coming season.

DunsBus

Established Member
Another one to add to the list: South Shields Model Bus 2020, which was due to be held on Saturday 9th May has now been cancelled.

As an aside, I got the April issue of Buses and the Rally Guide through the post this morning. A very strange feeling seeing adverts for events which were on at the time of printing, and off by the time that it hit the shops and doormats.

Tim33160

Museum of Transport Greater Manchester, Boyle Street, Manchester is now closed for the duration. All events are cancelled: Spring Spectacular 28/29 March; MRX Model Railways 16/17 May ; Free Heritage Centreshuttles from Shudehill Interchange 26 April; 31 May.
Updates on website www.motgm.uk

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Quorn, Leics event with Leicester Transport Heritage Trust in April cancelled.

carlberry

Established Member
Not an event, but Moorsbus has been cancelled for this coming season.
This is quite significant because it's the whole season (however they hope they may be able to run something in the summer). The services are privately supported and, clearly, they don't want to commit to paying to start the services until they know that people will be around to use them. This was going to be their 40th season.

DunsBus

Established Member
The Llandudno Transport Festival, scheduled for 8th-10th May has been cancelled.

harz99

Pretty sure every future event should be counted as cancelled as holding them would be in direct conflict with Government advice, possibly better to wait and see in late June if the picture is any better rather than keep posting here...

DunsBus

Established Member
Pretty sure every future event should be counted as cancelled as holding them would be in direct conflict with Government advice, possibly better to wait and see in late June if the picture is any better rather than keep posting here...

Have heard that the NEBPT are to decide over the weekend whether the Metrocentre and Durham rallies will go ahead, but tbh I'll be very surprised if they do. You're right, I think we should assume that every event between now and the summer is off.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
This is quite significant because it's the whole season (however they hope they may be able to run something in the summer). The services are privately supported and, clearly, they don't want to commit to paying to start the services until they know that people will be around to use them. This was going to be their 40th season.
I guess bus companies also need to keep as many staff available to help cover their core networks, with no one really knowing just how long this situation is going to go on for.

DunsBus

Established Member
Lothian's Doors Open Day, due to be held at Central Garage on 26th September has also been cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.