• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam-hauled consists

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownSouth

Established Member
Hi all,

Can somebody let me know what kind of consist you could expect to see on a major steam-hauled charter on the mainline with a locomotive like Tornado, an A4, a Duchess or a 7MT. Types of coach (i.e. Mk2 TSO, Mk1 BFK etc) and livery would be the most useful info.

I'm doing some scenarios for a simulator, and while they will be fictional scenarios it would be nice if they at least looked plausible!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Schnellzug

Established Member
there's several regular sets; West Coast mostly have maroon Mk 1s, and also a green mk2a set (vac or air braked), DBS mostly seem to use either chocolate & cream (the Torbay Express set) or blood & custard Mk1 s (air braked) , mostly open seconds with the support coach behind the engine (usually a Mk1 BFK, though 34067 has a Mk 2 BFK).

Status
Not open for further replies.