• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam Summer Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
It appears the summer sale is back until 22nd July, with some large discounts, including 80% London-Faversham High Speed... ;)

Note to mods: please do not change the prefix to TrainSim again as it's not the only thing on the Steam store!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
It appears the summer sale is back until 22nd July, with some large discounts, including 80% London-Faversham High Speed... ;)

The High Speed is a bargain - picked that up along with the Class 465 and the WCML North pack. :)

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The High Speed is a bargain - picked that up along with the Class 465 and the WCML North pack. :)
I think I'll be going for HS1, Isle of white and WCML north - earlier in the year I fancied the Portsmouth line but since having downloaded a fix that allows you to drive the 'undrivable' 450 from the Brighton add-on in the quick drive, it seems superfluous now.

Wikipedia

Can the add ons be installed to the HS1 pack as it is stand alone or do you need the base program??

Crossover

Established Member
I'm away at the moment but if HS1 is still 80% off in a few days time, I'll be on to it!

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING THE LONDON - FAVERSHAM HS1 ROUTE THOUGH

Sorry for the caps, had to point it out that if you do have any work like scenarios, reskins, whatever then BACKUP before you install the HS1 route, as you will more likely loose everything. I only had to back up my scenario I was working on, everything else like routes and trains I can re-download.

It stuffed my installation up though oddly, as it decided to leave me with the IHH 73, RSC Class 325, Ooovee Class 150, Thompson Class 455 and Class 170. Not even the Faversham route was installed properly but a verify cache sorted it out and re-installed the lot. Just need to re-install the 3rd party content again

ert47

Don't worry, the Steam website is refusing to co-operate, so it may be the 25th by the time this purchase actually goes through that I'm trying to make ;)

Be careful with that, purchased the HS1 route yesterday and received a email confirmation from Steam that it was purchased - however Steam itself was telling me that I would have to fill in my details again as the original transaction didnt go through. Not checked my bank account yet :roll:

Wikipedia

Mine has started downloading but it is that slow the Christmas sale might be started by the time I get it!!!

phil8715

I bought the London to Faversham HS route and the class 87, as I already have the WCML North Addon.

Not that I've had chance to play it yet as I'm having loads of problems with Steam. I've had to re-install it and I am currently downloading TS2013 again.

My broadband connection makes dial up an more attractive option.

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
I bouth the following

1. Settle - carlise
2. Class 455
3. Spt 101
4. Nse 423
5. Class 156.

All downloaded and installed no problem

With regards to the warning about hs1 I have never had a problem with that when installing it. After I install any new DLC I always clear the chache and verify the game integrity before I click play always worked for me trouble free.

phil8715

I'm tempted to buy the Class 390 Pendolino and the Class 86. I bought WCML North last Christmas when it was reduced like it is now.

What I want to know is does buying either the Pendolino or the Class 86 unlock extra scenarios on WCML North?

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
From what I remember yes although I can't get onto steam just now if you click the actual product in steam below the pictures and product description it will give you a list of scenarios and tells you "you require xxxxx DLC for the added scenarios to work"

Also you have the steam workshop where you get extra scenarios for free people have uploaded some really really good scenarios on there

Right now I'm driving a class 66 on the settle carlise stuck behind a slow moving 158 ggrrrr lol
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I was going to get the pendolino but I have the voyager add on and I don't really use it that much so didn't bother I do like the look of the 86 but then again I have the 87 with the wcml so isit really worth it.
Also wagonz are doing a fantastic class 86 and dvt in loads of liverys at present its under construction but looks absoloutly stunning so the moeny I would spend on the pendolino and the 86 in the sale could go towards there fantastic model

Google wangonz and judge for yourself

Darandio

Established Member
Also wagonz are doing a fantastic class 86 and dvt in loads of liverys at present its under construction but looks absoloutly stunning so the moeny I would spend on the pendolino and the 86 in the sale could go towards there fantastic model

Google wangonz and judge for yourself

Waggonz aren't doing a Class 86 at all. The current production for them is a Class 90 & DVT.

They are then going to move on to a Class 87, but that will be some time way.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Is there any difference between the Bristol-Exeter on Steam and Just Trains? Also, out of the 3, which do you think is best: Bristol-Exeter; WCML (N); Edinburgh-Glasgow? If it helps I already have L&B, S&C, Class 325, Class 67 Jubilee.

Last edited:

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
Depends what you like

If you like short stopping passenger runs and dmu the edin - gla
If you like freight and long fast drives WCMLN
If you like both then bristol exeter lol

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Been having a play about with my new acquisitions and am really enjoying the WCML North pack, plus the Class 87. It is an absolutely stunning route - and definitely worth picking up.

I've also now added Bristol - Exeter, but haven't had a drive as of yet. It does give me more scenarios with the Class 142 as well :)

Was quite enjoying London - Faversham but got annoyed by the 'sway' on the 395 once it got onto HS1 - I must have also done something wrong, as halfway through the tunnels an alarm went off, the train stopped and wouldn't start again. It kept constantly changing the target speed so keeping up was difficult. No doubt I've done something wrong, but I've yet to work out what!

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
The incab signalling can seem daunting but it is really quite simple when you get to grips

On the dashboard there will be 3 displays

From the left the white solid numbers are the max speed you can travel in that section they range from 0,40,80,120,160,180,200,220,260 or thereabout (will need to double check). When you pass a "signal" the square with blue and yellow your speed will get checked it will either stay the same, increase or decrease. If you get to near the train in front you will get a pre warning your target speed for the next section will flash in the middle of the display you should aim to get ready to start slowing down as you approach the next "signal"/target point.
If you have to slow down the flashing speed will move to the right and stay fixed. You MUST slow down to this speed before reaching the next "signal" target/block marker board if your even slightly above the speed the emergency alarms go off and all these alarms start going mad in the cab

In easy terms
The speed your doing is on the left
Caution/speed decrease warning will flash in the middle
MUST slow down fixed blocks on the right
If the red blocks with XXXX then stop at next signal and await a new target point

Hope this helps

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Nooooooo! London-Faversham is back upto £12.49, just as I was about to buy it. :x

EDIT: Oh sod it, the anger has fuelled me to make a purchase anyway! So now I've got that, WCML and Bristol-Exeter.

Last edited:

CC 72100

Established Member
Nooooooo! London-Faversham is back upto £12.49, just as I was about to buy it. :x

Unlucky. I had to watch that and Football manager 2013 go back up to standard sale price whilst still on hols in Spain. Back now, think I'm going to take the plunge and finally go for WCML North. My computer meets the requirements, and can happily do all routes smoothly in standard mode, so technically it *should* work ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.