• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stena Line Shuttle Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

herschell

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a photo of where you get the Stena Line shuttle bus from Hamilton Square, I'm asking as I've tried to tried to figure out from street view but this time it's been of no help so hoping someone here could help. Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Smethwickian

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a photo of where you get the Stena Line shuttle bus from Hamilton Square, I'm asking as I've tried to tried to figure out from street view but this time it's been of no help so hoping someone here could help. Thanks in advance

It's been a few years since I went that way, but back then it was the stop in Bridge Street seen in Google Streetview on the left here -https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3948366,-3.0138767,3a,90y,106.07h,83.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFEu9CUSL3SyFiiYXIzaDKQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 -marked 'for alighting only'. There used to be sign on the wall. Best check with rail station staff on arrival, however, or give Stena Line a call.

herschell

Thanks, that's a great help, it's because it said "for alighting only" that I thought "no that can't be it"

Quakkerillo

I did this trip last September, and the bus stop was indeed there. When I used it, it ran completely empty to the port. There were foot passengers like me, but we all arrived by different method. I just walked, as I still had to buy my interrail-discounted ticket at the port itself.

The same double-decker bus then is subsequently also used to drive all foot passengers aboard.

herschell

Thanks, according to Stena it's £2 for an adult or free with a rail and sail so I've got all the info I need now. Thanks once again for your help everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.