• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stevenage to Edinburgh Weds 25 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

benk1342

Hi all, hoping for a bit of advice about apparent differentials in fares showing across different booking sites.

The family and I are travelling Stevenage to Edinburgh on Wednesday 25 October - two adults and two children with a Family and Friends Railcard.

Even though National Rail indicates the booking horizon is currently 20 October, many sites seem happy to sell me tickets for the 25th.

The Trainline app is offering £78.20 for the four of us on the 09:28 departure from Stevenage, splitting at Peterborough (advance single Stevenage to Peterborough plus advance single Peterborough to Edinburgh).

However I can’t seem to persuade tickets.railforums.co.uk to offer this arrangement.

Can anyone advise what I might be missing?

Thanks!

IMG_1922.pngIMG_1923.pngIMG_1924.pngIMG_1925.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HughT

You're not missing anything. LNER choose to make their tickets available in advance of the general window, but they sell those tickets with the caveat that the times might change, or that the trains might not even run. Whilst it's notionally at the passenger's risk that you agree to these arrangements, I'm guessing the overheads for the ticket retailer who sells you such tickets, should changes be needed, aren't always worth the commission. My suspicion is that this is a policy issue on the part of the retailer. But there are folk on this forum who *know* the answer, so don't rely on my guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.