• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Still no vacancies for trainee drivers with FTPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JAMBO

There isn't any current vacancies for qualified drivers at the moment at TPE that i am aware of? so I doubt if any will be available for trainees mate.

A-driver

Established Member
Does anyone know how the franchising works?

Can you explain what you mean?

They recently (last5 years) recruited a number of drivers so doubt they still have many vacancies. If you are looking For a trainee driver job you need to cast your net wider and not concentrate on one single TOC.

I applied for the last intake FTPE trainee drivers; passed the OPC and interview but was placed 'on hold'. I emailed their HR last month to see where I stood; no trainee driver vacancies for the foreseeable future.

JAMBO

Don't see why they need to advertise for trainees... There are plenty of qualified drivers who can jump straight in when vacancies arise saving on training costs and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.