• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stockport - Plymouth via Coventry, Feb 14-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtuk

Evening forum,

Will be needing to make the following trips soon:

Feb 14th - Stockport to Coventry, no real fixed departure time but I'm in work until 12:30 and need to be in Cov by about 5pm at the latest
Feb 15th - Coventry to Plymouth and back, must be in Plymouth by about 1pm, half one at the latest, can leave heading back any time after half five
Feb 16th - Coventry back to Stockport, leave any time after noon

Travelling solo, no railcards or anything like that. Don't mind taking a bit more time to save a few quid. I was looking at:

- Grabbing advances between Stoke and Coventry on the 14th/16th using WMT and then just getting an open return to fill the gap to Stockport, can see about six quid each way then whatever the open return from Stoke to Stockport is
- For Cov-Plymouth, just going with whatever flexible tickets trainsplit offers, which if I remember rightly from the other day suggested some sort of split at Cheltenham, Bristol and Taunton which worked out around £75-£80 or there abouts

I don't know if anyone can come up with anything more creative by breaking journeys elsewhere that might make a bit more of a saving?

Status
Not open for further replies.