• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stoke on Trent - Manchester (Day return)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigVince76

Hi, on Saturday I want to do a day return from Stoke-on-Trent to Manchester. I have a Disabled railcard. I have heard that certain standard tickets can be used for Virgin trains first class. Can anyone tell me what the cheapest qualifying ticket would be?

I'm also registered blind and will have someone with me so I don't know if the 50% off for blind people thing will be of help.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
These quotes from National Rail Enquiries might be of help.

On weekends and Bank Holidays, upgrades to First Class on Virgin Trains is free of charge if holding a Standard Class Anytime ticket by approaching the Train Manager.

Blind or visually-impaired customers travelling with a companion
If you are registered as blind or visually-impaired and are travelling with another person, the concessionary fares shown below apply for both you and your companion. You cannot get the discount if you are travelling on your own.
Please take evidence of your visual impairment such as a document from a recognised institution such as Social Services, your Local Authority, The Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB) or St Dunstans when buying your ticket and making your journey.

Discounts available
First Class / Standard Anytime Single or Return 34% off
First Class / Standard Anytime Day Single 34% off
First Class / Standard Anytime Day Return 50% off
Please note that sometimes it may be cheaper to buy an undiscounted Off Peak or Advance ticket.

Stoke-on-Trent - Manchester Stations Route Virgin Trains Only Anytime Return is £11 full fare so £7.25 with your 34% discount.

Alternatively the Route Any Permitted Anytime Day Return is £15.10 full fare so £7.55 with the 50% discount. This will allow you to travel on trains run by other companies however there is no free upgrade when travelling with other companies.

You do not need your railcard to obtain these discounts and indeed your railcard will not get you a better price on these tickets above.

Status
Not open for further replies.