• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stoke-on-Trent to Windsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have booked two advance singles

The outbound is 1450 Virgin to Euston then via Paddington and Slough to central station.

The return takes me from Riverside via Vauxhall then tube to Euston returning on the 2140 to Stoke.

Given that only the Virgin trains have specified seats am I permitted to do any other routes between Euston and Windsor and vice versa as there appeared to be a myriad of routes on the booking matrix.

If so which is quickest ?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I have booked two advance singles

The outbound is 1450 Virgin to Euston then via Paddington and Slough to central station.

The return takes me from Riverside via Vauxhall then tube to Euston returning on the 2140 to Stoke.

Given that only the Virgin trains have specified seats am I permitted to do any other routes between Euston and Windsor and vice versa as there appeared to be a myriad of routes on the booking matrix.

If so which is quickest ?

The outbound is Sunday 13 sept and the return is Wednesday 16 sept

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FenMan

Established Member
I'm not a local expert by any means, but aren't tickets to Windsor always specific to one or the other stations? If your return ticket says Riverside then the intended route is via Vauxhall or Waterloo.

Last edited:
Oh I'm not sure I haven't got the tickets yet ... Thanks
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Can I do the Windsor to Euston leg early?

Romilly

Established Member
Travel to/from Windsor always seems confusing for a non-local. For example, if you ask for a ticket to Riverside, the itinerary you are given can sometimes involve travel via Slough to Central, and then a walk to Riverside. There have been threads on the Forum in the past about travel to/from/via Windsor, and there never seems to be a great deal of consensus.

As to whether you can do the Windsor-Euston leg on trains earlier than those suggested in your itinerary, the usual advice is that you can't if you have a reservation for that leg, but you can if you don't have a reservation for that leg and the earlier train you travel on does not offer reservations. However, not everyone on the Forum necessarily agrees that the stipulation that the earlier train be non-reservable is enforceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.