• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stoke-on-Trent Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardTBC

Just outside of Stoke on Trent [North of station] there appears to be a collection of ex Southern units and what appeared to be a car from a 158? Any idea what is / why they are there?

Many thanks for anyone who has any clue about this randomness :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T74

Just outside of Stoke on Trent [North of station] there appears to be a collection of ex Southern units and what appeared to be a car from a 158? Any idea what is / why they are there?

Many thanks for anyone who has any clue about this randomness :)
They have been there a couple of months it’s looks like the Salisbury 158&159 victims . The 158 has been gradually stripped over last few months when been passing on the train . As there was sheeting over them originally.

RichardTBC

They have been there a couple of months it’s looks like the Salisbury 158&159 victims . The 158 has been gradually stripped over last few months when been passing on the train . As there was sheeting over them originally.
I did wonder if that was the case, although I assumed that they would have been left somewhere a little more secure and less exposed to the elements / being viewed. Thanks for info :)

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
It does then beg the question, why have the units from the Salisbury tunnel incident (if that's what they are) ended up so far away (i.e., in the Stoke-on-Trent area)?

They were originally stored at Long Marston after the accident. Presumably moved on for removal of spare parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.