• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stop,Look & Listen. Train Station from 1976.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinter107

Thanks to all for indulging me on the high-rise question. If the majority of the blocks closest to the railway went in 1996, this would explain why I didn't recognise the looming nature of them, instead only recalling - as @Ashley Hill pointed out - Wesley and Addenbrooke which sit a little further back from the railway. Particular thanks also to @P Binnersley for outlining in such detail. Those terraced houses on Chester Road are long gone - I think at first replaced by an industrial unit and, as with the cycle of life, back to houses - my brother lives in one!
Yes, the third tower block, Bridge Court, incidently the last to be completed was demolished in 1996, along with many of the maisonettes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
I liked the way the DMU driver in the 1986 edition made no concessions to looking his best for a TV appearance: his jacket hanging loose and his shirt open to the navel.

MadMac

Are those electro-pneumatic points at Birmingham at the very beginning? They look like it from what I can make out, but are missing the covers I'm used to seeing on them. Are covers a more recent addition or were some variants of EPs not furnished with covers?
New Street was EPs, presumably Westinghouse.

Ken H

On Moderation
@P Binnersley
Wasnt the onmiprinter the portable ones. There was a printed list of syations and codes.
Stations had a bigger machine with racks of printing blocks with station names on them. The clerk selected the block (think they were nicknames slugs) and insterted it in the machine then set the fare with levers. Think they were an LMR thing. Deffo had one at Skipton.

John Webb

Established Member
The other noticeable thing about the programme was that only one teacher was involved. These days they seem to need a minimum of two teachers plus an extra teacher for each half-dozen or so pupils added to the original party!

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Before we start singing The Bucket of Water Song one thing to note was the top marker light on the DMU above the destination box. The West Midlands logo adds to the nostalgia and Langley gates have been upgraded to barriers.

greyman42

Established Member
The other noticeable thing about the programme was that only one teacher was involved. These days they seem to need a minimum of two teachers plus an extra teacher for each half-dozen or so pupils added to the original party!
Plus the high vis vests!

Status
Not open for further replies.