• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strange Posts coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Tait

I have no idea if I have posted this in the correct location but this morning I have noticed that there are a lot of posts coming up in new posts which are from universities and are in Japanese or Chinese, are they from hackers?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Firstly let me be clear that the Forum has not been hacked or compromised in anyway. I don't want anyone to panic and worry for no reason.

However we are (and have been for a few weeks) under a sustained spam attack from Chinese spammers trying to get their guff published on the Forum. We do have anti-spam measures in place but part of the problem appears to be that humans are actually involved so it makes it hard to defeat them automatically.

As with any other untrustworthy source do not click on any links within any posts as we cannot guarantee the safety of links followed. If you see such posts please report them using the report function.

Part of the reason you're seeing them is that they post during the day in China which is in our night when all the Forum Staff are sleeping. We deal with it ASAP when we wake up!

If anyone has any concerns that have not been addressed in this post please contact a member of Forum Staff or use the Contact Us button at the bottom of ever page.

Status
Not open for further replies.