• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Streamline of Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeing737229

Having started operatins in June 2012 with 2 V-reg ex Stagecoach London Darts, Streamline is now Huddersfield's last bus company running 6BT-engined darts in front-line service (although the originals have been replaced with 3 MPDs from Scarborough) ; they have however, in recent months, aquired 2 02-reg ex Abellio Surrey MPDs. I saw the first one, SK02 TZV, in their depot at lunchtime today, in plain white with red headlight surrounds.
Does anyone know if they're planning on starting up on any new routes or if this ex Abellio dart is gonna just be yet another backup bus? (they already have one ~ ex Lothian SPD Y187 CFS which, to put it mildly, is woefully sluggish!)
I'm somewhat secretly hoping that they'll start up on my local route the 324 (Huddersfield - Meltham Broadlands) like their many forerunners - EasiRider, Fair Rider (both c.2000-c.2005), Paul's Travel (2005-2007), Sunny Travel (2008-2009) & Route 1 (2009)

Sorry for the essay btw;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
If Streamline did start up any new routes then I for one would half expect to see them to run something round Bradley / Deighton to link up with the HRI.

It'd be nice to see them run something to Leeds.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Streamline are basically a glorified minicab firm, though they've survived longer than the other start-ups mentioned in the OP. Always amuses me to see literally the least streamlined buses imaginable with "Streamline" written down the side!

Both they and the other start-ups have all seemed to focus on competing with First (mostly) along the already established and well-used routes. Whilst this makes sense for them, it doesn't really improve the overall public transport picture for the town. It also explains why so many others have fallen away: the FirstGroup of today is not quite as challenging a competitor as Yorkshire Rider or the FirstGroup of a few years ago were.

The 324 already has First and Tiger fighting over it, I can't imagine Streamline or anyone fancying joining that melée!

Last edited:

boeing737229

SK02 TZV seems ready to enter service, probably some time this week I should think

boeing737229

Been on SK02 a couple of times since it entered service with Streamline, it's fairly rickety! The urban 90 seats have been replaced mainly with Esteban Civics and about 3 pairs from their original dart, V167 MVX. Along with W477 UAG, the headlight surrounds have also been painted red

Status
Not open for further replies.