• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strengthening for Uttoxeter races

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarbear

Established Member
Hello

A colleague of mine is off to Uttoxeter for the racing this Wednesday, and has asked me whether he's likely to get on the usual 153 on the route. East Midlands trains have a note on their website to say that some services will be strengthened, but is there any way of finding out which services are likely to be strengthened - and if so, to how many carriages?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spartacus

Established Member
It's usual for one of the trains to be a Meridian, the other's usually just strengthened to whatever degree they can depending on availability. I can't remember which one though.

dk1

Veteran Member
It's usually whatever is available & whenever I've been East Mids hasn't let me down.

Established Member
222's can be difficult to put out as you will need the crew knowledge for the train which not all Local crew may know. It may be a bit easier this time as there is no Matlock service so there will be a spare 15x somewhere. Normally the extra sets come from other 15x diagrams such as locals into Nottingham for example.

vlad

I've only known them put a 222 on for the Midland Grand National in March.

There is strengthening for other race meetings but it only tends to be another carriage or two. You can argue of course that if they put a 156 on instead of the usual 153 they've more than doubled the capacity!

Established Member
I've only known them put a 222 on for the Midland Grand National in March.

There is strengthening for other race meetings but it only tends to be another carriage or two. You can argue of course that if they put a 156 on instead of the usual 153 they've more than doubled the capacity!
I have known a 222 to sub a 15x if one fails to save cancelling a round trip to Crewe.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
They have a spare 222 for Saturdays meetings, but unusual on a weekday meeting. They do usually have buses on standby at Crewe, Stoke, and Derby. So join at one of those if possible. There have been times when trains have left Stoke full and standing, but no bus deployed, only to then leave passengers at Longton, and there is no bus there!

More spare units at the weekend but, weekday meetings are traditionally quieter than Saturday meetings, so swings and roundabouts.

Basically, as others said, it depends what there is on the day

Status
Not open for further replies.