• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strikes 16th & 18th March - what will be running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmartin

Given the RMT have cancelled the strike, I thought there may be more scope to run more services, but GWR is still saying an extremely limited service with services finishing around 19:30.

Is this likely to be it? Or will they be able to run later services?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richfoz84

With guards striking, some managers like CTM’s and DTM’s may be trained to be the conductors so “some” services can run.. but it won’t be many!

class 9

Given the RMT have cancelled the strike, I thought there may be more scope to run more services, but GWR is still saying an extremely limited service with services finishing around 19:30.

Is this likely to be it? Or will they be able to run later services?
It's only the Network Rail part of the dispute that's been suspended, the action by TOC staff is still going ahead.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Timetables out tomorrow.

TOCs in the dispute will be running their normal strike service, or something like it.

mrmartin

Understood. Thought there may be scope to run a later service with the signallers working; but clearly the TOC staff striking probably doesn't allow for the limited amount of managers to do many more hours.

miklcct

On Moderation
I'll go to Leatherhead for a race. Will Southern and South Western Railway services run normally on that day?

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
I'll travel on the 16th. Will none of the two services be running? If so I take the 465 bus to go to Leatherhead.

Nothing at Leatherhead all day (Unless you count the 0018 to Horsham)

it’s all in journey planners now.

Kite159

Veteran Member
On SWR, I see the Salisbury - Basingstoke line has gained an hourly service on strike days, as well as Guildford - Woking.

Status
Not open for further replies.