• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Subsurface Delay 09/10/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

kacper

Hi. I just saw the District/Circle line is delayed due to an earlier security alert. What does this mean?TfL Go app showing status for District line as Severe Delays due to an earlier security alert

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Hi. I just saw the District/Circle line is delayed due to an earlier security alert. What does this mean?
It means a station was closed while they checked out a suspicious package.

If it was on a platform or a train, they'd have to stop everything running in both directions while they investigated it

Dstock7080

Established Member
bag found on eastbound platform 13.45, declared suspicious as smoking and wires seen.
Services suspended both directions: Embankment-Tower Hill, Circle suspended.
BTP all clear at 14.40

TrainGeekUK

It still amazes me how people can leave unattended items causing security alerts and station evacuations

We are inundated with announcements pleading with customers not to do such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.